Keen Day 2009!

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Keen Day 2009!

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

Dr. Kylstein
Vortininja

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

Just a quick sketch for the occasion. http://drkylstien.deviantart.com/art/3-14-115911147
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Interesting style, I like it.

Edit: Oh, also, great work Dr!
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

That style is "I'm in a rush to draw Commander Keen". Or "Keen-Rush" for short.... :P
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I just scanned an old picture and submitted it:
http://thepikuseru.deviantart.com/art/C ... -115911189

I just managed to submit this 15 seconds before the deadline... the scanner wasn't working. :dead
There was another picture that I drew around the same time as that one, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well...

EDIT: Lol, this has got to be the smallest raid that dA has ever seen... I can't even find any of these drawings, even after searching for Commander Keen.
EDIT2: Nevermind, I see them now. Only 4? Ha ha. :dopekeen
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Nice work guys.

I also didn't find a single one on dA....
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

http://galaxieretter.deviantart.com/art ... -115920533
Oh, look at the time!
I'm either early or late. *Sigh*

I admit that it's not the best Commander Keen fan art I ever did but I haven't drawn anything in a while (especially Keen) and I got crappy. I spent many hours on it though!

This actually was done as a side note to what I was originally working on which was a no-death run of the Commander Keen series. It didn't work out perfectly but I did upload the files to my website. (Which also has the picture.)
http://www.Galaxieretter.com

As of right now I need to fix the hyper links for the zip files. If you want to download them NOW then just tack on the name of the zip file (caps matter) on the end of Galaxieretter.com. I hope the zips didn't mess up the videos. The codec for the videos are from Dos Box, I'm sure we all know what that means.
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

Happy Keen day

2009?

Wow the time does fly, Is it me or does it still feel like the early 00's?

:christmas
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

No, you're right the time flies. At least for those here above 25 I guess...

That Mangling Machine looks awesome in my opinion, Galaxie.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Damn, great drawings! Interesting to see the workshop and all the familiar items in it. And the Mangling Machine... :eek That's how it should look like! The original lines with the Keen font is a nice touch. Seems like we've had a good Keen Day. (It's over here.)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

galaxieretter.com wrote:I tried doing Commander Keen 4 but... does anyone know how hard that game is to play through on one life? It's not that I can't complete the game, no. It's that there is just about a 1/10th chance every level that you slip up and die. That with the fact that you HAVE to play 10 levels (I believe it's 10.) means that by the end of the game you have a 10/10 or a 100% chance of dying at least once.
:D Probabilities don't work that way, but this still made me smile. If you have a 10% chance of dying each time, you have a 1-(0.9)^10=65% chance of dying somewhere in the 10 levels. 8)

edit: @keen2-is-messed-up.zip :eek I've never seen a bug like that before.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Actually, I believe you have to complete 11 levels, so you in fact have a 110% probability of dying.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Let's see, 8 dudes, plus Border Village, Slug Village, and Miragia. Yup, eleven! So 110% chance of dying indeed.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Let's see, 8 dudes, plus Border Village, Slug Village, and Miragia. Yup, eleven! So 110% chance of dying indeed.
You have a 110% chance of dying in Pyramid of the Forbidden on normal or hard alone. That does not bode well for the other 16 levels does it?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees