The Worst Keen Fangame Ever!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
StupidBunny
format c:

The Worst Keen Fangame Ever!

Post by StupidBunny »

I made this ages ago in the span of about an hour. I thought I'd share it just because it's something I've finished. Other than that, it's fantastically dumb. As the name would imply.

Anyway, here's the link.

SORRY
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

It made me lol, but I don't think it'd have the same effect on many others...
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

The disclaimer in the end ruins it for me.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well actually it's fun! I mean by trying to make it worst Keen game ever, you've made it funny.

I still believe the worst Keen ever was named Keen 2000 or something. Damn, it was that bad I don't want to remember it.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Dude... the end made me laugh.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Ahahah. That was fun. Well done.

Its the bigger o ray! Wtf? :lol
Herry Jerry
Vortininja

Post by Herry Jerry »

That was the most HILARIOUS game I have ever played. Make more horrible fangames!

One thing I don't get, though is how Keen went to the "gama secter" to defeat Mortimer if Mortimer stole his ship. Well, unless Keen and Mortimer both use the same model...

(but then again, this IS the worst keen fangame ever, so I guess it doesn't matter that much :p)
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Is this the "I can has cheezburger" of Keen fangames? :\

My favorite part was the name of the planet (and sector) that Keen travelled to. :)
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I'm glad most of you found it amusing, given the minimal amount of thought that went into making it. :)
Iv4n wrote:I still believe the worst Keen ever was named Keen 2000 or something. Damn, it was that bad I don't want to remember it.
I bet you're thinking of Commander Keen: Codename 13. It was pretty awful. In fact, I think it takes skill to make a game as unplayable as that was.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

It might be because I've seen better gamecrap (www.halloftwats.co.uk), but I didn't think it was all that funny. Nice effort I guess.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I think saying over and over again how bad it was kinda ruined the humor, in my opinion. I think what makes bad games funny is when the person making the game thinks it's good. :)

BTW did you get that piece of music, when you can turn Keen's ship, from Chip's Challenge? I know that music rings a bell.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I see what you mean. Oh well...I made it years ago, so my sense of humor was probably different, and I didn't really know as much about making good joke games.

Anyway, the music in the ship level...I think I got it from a folder full of music from RKP or something. If the music is originally from Chip's Challenge then I don't know about it. :)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

StupidBunny wrote:I see what you mean. Oh well...I made it years ago, so my sense of humor was probably different, and I didn't really know as much about making good joke games.
Don't let that stop you, humor takes work...through trial and error ;)
Niborius
Grunt

Post by Niborius »

the game was bad (like you want it to be :p ) but there where some stuff in it which weren't so bad at all. like the gameplay and the player animations. i think you are able to make a serious fangame :D (not that you will if you don't want to offcourse)
Apeiron
Vortininja

Post by Apeiron »

What is it?? :D
This game's engine looks like the "Commander Keen 2000" fangame. But the story is really... unique, especially the end. :dead2 . You made a good that you warned us. :p
ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣ ΠΑΣΙΝ ΙΟΡΠΟΙΣ ΤΟ ΠΑΘΟΣ ΦΕΡΕΙΝ. ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣, ΙΝΑ ΤΟΥΤ' ΑΝΙΑΤΑΙ!!! :yorp