Keen Day 2008

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Keen Day 2008

Post by ckguy »

So, Keen Day 2008. It kind of sneaked up on me - it's next Friday. Does anyone have any plans or projects? It's perfectly fine if you don't (I don't think I'll do anything, unfortunately). But anyone who does have something planned, great! If you have secret plans that you don't want to reveal now, that's even better!

I was just trying to think what's happened the past several Keen Days.

2003 - Shadowlands II
2004 - ModKeen II

... um, I can't think of what else. Did any of XkyKeen2, XkyKeen3, Episode Smile, or A New Dope turn up on Keen Days? I don't remember.

Oh --

2007 - Xky's One-Level Mod

(I think it was 2007, anyway.)

So, here it is. Reminiscing about the past, discussing the present, dreaming about the future: do it in this thread.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

:garg A New Dope was released on Keen Day 2007! Anyone who hasn't played through it yet could try that now. :dopekeen

XkyKeen2 was released on Keen Day too, but can't remember the year. :D But I do remember it was a great Keen Day. :)

And yeah, wow, I didn't expect it to be here this soon again. I've thought about it a few times, but again it's surprising... Too bad I have no new mods or levels, even if I've been working a bit on a new mod -- but very slowly, and not for quite some time... Gaaaaarg! I should pull myself together and try being faster. Well, I say that every time. :) But I guess that mod will eventually appear, sooner or later.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Unfortunately, all the Keen projects of mine are either very old or too big to be done by Keen Day. But I may be able to release something small...
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I'll be releasing my mod.

Not really, but that would be cool...
KeenRush wrote::garg A New Dope was released on Keen Day 2007! Anyone who hasn't played through it yet could try that now. :dopekeen
I'm still trying it. :garg
StupidBunny wrote:Unfortunately, all the Keen projects of mine are either very old or too big to be done by Keen Day.
Old projects are the best ones to release. They've been sitting there for so long, it'd be great to get them out there.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush - could you pull off getting your new website online by Keen Day? :)

Ironically, I was trying to redownload A New Dope, but I have no idea where to get it. The only link I found was to keengrid.net :dead
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Commander Spleen wrote:Old projects are the best ones to release. They've been sitting there for so long, it'd be great to get them out there.
Well, I suppose I meant to say: they're old and also unfinished. >:

One of them was a mod which, unfortunately, I lost a lot of progress on when I last tried to back up my hard drive. I have a demo of it on my computer, still, though...perhaps I could release that thing.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:I'll be releasing my mod.
*Heart explodes!*
Commander Spleen wrote:Not really, but that would be cool...
*Heart dies!*

I hate these where I'm fooled for one second. :)
Commander Spleen wrote:I'm still trying it. :garg
Hehe. :D

Good idea CK Guy, so good that it's almost like out of my mind. :mort Yeah, while that wasn't the plan originally (original plan was to have it open few weeks ago already, or more, if I remember correct), yesterday when I realized it was Keen Day coming soon I thought that I could release that site then -- but I decided to keep quiet. So great work ruining the surprise. :p Just kidding... :)
CK Guy wrote:Ironically, I was trying to redownload A New Dope, but I have no idea where to get it. The only link I found was to keengrid.net :dead
:lol Haha! And to say, I don't think it's anywhere else, it wasn't good enough for anyone to mirror it. :(
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Wow, this definitely snuck up on me, too!

I'm working on my tilesets, and finally making progress, but one week is not going to happen. :) But a week and a year--? Who knows!
NTimer
Grunt

Post by NTimer »

Ehm... Sorry about the question, but what exactly IS KeenDay? :dopekeen
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Keen day is March 14 (3/14).
It's more commonly known as Pi Day, but not to us... :p
NTimer
Grunt

Post by NTimer »

OK, I understand. :)
Thanks!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Alas, for those of us that use the more logical (uh, oh... flame-bait) dd/mm it's actually 14/3. Fortunately I took up the practice of using the international format of yyyy-mm-dd so things are easier to sort. Thus, it's 2008-03-14, so Keen Day is an official day for me now!
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

By the way, I think my one level mod is as old as 2004. :) How embarrassing.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

I hope you guys will be able to put the logo in place on K-Day. :p
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

:dead We can't unless adurdin can be reached.

And 2004, it can't be! :eek :( :dead2 :garg Where has the time gone?!