GARGapplesauce's CK1 Levelpack

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.

What do ya' think?

Great!
No votes
Good
29%
Meh.
43%
Bad.
29%

Total votes: 7

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

GARGapplesauce's CK1 Levelpack

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Ok, so here's my secret project! Why didn't I announce it? Because it was a secret. Well, the Levelpack is going to have its levels incramentally released up until the release of SBSIES, so you all can have something made by me to do, and I really wanted to make some kind of modding "premier" here, so I hope this doesn't suck GARG. :garg.

This first level here is called "Rainbow Run". There is more info. in the ReadMe inside of the download.

Leave comments below and expect the next level later this month!!!

By the way, I know that this level isn't particularly hard, but i put it together fairly quickly, and just wanted an easy introduction :). When all of the levels are out, a walkthrough will be out on youtube.

Anyway, download here:
http://applesaucewiki.wikispaces.com/fi ... K1-001.zip
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Flyingmouse
Vortininja

Post by Flyingmouse »

Too many items.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

By the way- maybe don't vote now, since there are aover a dozen more levels coming. Just a thought. :disguised
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

GARGapplesauce wrote:By the way- maybe don't vote now, since there are aover a dozen more levels coming. Just a thought. :disguised
Perhaps you should remove the poll for now then as that comment is going to be buried?
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

How do I do that?
StupidBunny
format c:

Re: GARGapplesauce's CK1 Levelpack

Post by StupidBunny »

GARGapplesauce wrote:...I really wanted to make some kind of modding "premier" here, so I hope this doesn't suck GARG. :garg.
I waited until I had a full mod to premier with, but whatever works for you. ;)

Regarding the level...it's not bad, but there's not a whole lot to say about it since it's pretty short, simple and first-level-ey. A couple points though...first of all, waaaay too many point items in this level, and too much ammo. Unless you're going to make the rest of the levelpack the hardest thing I've ever seen, there's no reason to give the player that many lives and shots in such a simple map. I would have maybe one teddy bear at most on the first level, and keep the rest of the point items pretty low.

There are a couple things here. First of all, the way the dark and the light areas run right up against each other looks really wonky and unprofessional. I would either remove the dark tiles, or else put a full border around them so there's some sort of transition. Otherwise it just doesn't hold together.

Also, the id tile with the line through it...don't use those.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Also don't place other tiles than the background on the tiles right next to the exit door on its right side where you currently have rayguns; they will be replaced by the background tile during the exit animation.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Re: GARGapplesauce's CK1 Levelpack

Post by GARGapplesauce »

StupidBunny wrote:...first of all, waaaay too many point items in this level, and too much ammo. Unless you're going to make the rest of the levelpack the hardest thing I've ever seen, there's no reason to give the player that many lives and shots in such a simple map.
There are a couple things here. First of all, the way the dark and the light areas run right up against each other looks really wonky and unprofessional. I would either remove the dark tiles, or else put a full border around them so there's some sort of transition. Otherwise it just doesn't hold together.
Actually, that IS what I was planning to do, the rest was very hard.
I'll work on the dark and light. also, I hadn't intended to use the ID tile, i meant to use the one above it, but I was so tired from being in a car for 15 hours that I didn't notice it... I'll get rid of it.