Super Mario Brothers 1

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Super Mario Brothers 1

Post by szemi »

Yeah, piece of cake!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Just played it and there's a bug. If I jump on the castle roof in the start, I fall down to the door and exit the level. You can fix that by making the castle roof tiles solid. Otherwise it looks really nice! Great work! :)
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Yeah i know. But don't do that,because that isn't for that. This is the basic version otherwise. Anyway any other bugs will also be fixed in the second version.

After 1 month lemm can write new sprites for the game, so there i'll fix all bugs. ;) + 4 version with 4 characters. ^^

Ok?! So don't blame me. ;)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Yeah, sorry if I offended you.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Not bad. :) One thing I might suggest is that the Goombahs should turn upside down and fall off the screen when you hit them with the fire flowers...it would look more authentic that way I think. It's a minor point though...
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Nospike: No problem. It's better to tell something important bug instead of just don't bothering with it.

StupidBunny: I don't know.

Anyway everybody is free to upload pictures about the characters(enemies, helpers, etc.) to the KeenWiki site for my mod! :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

StupidBunny: I tried making a patch like that once. And I have failed, as usual. :foot
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Here is the link to my mod on the keenwiki:
So oncemore: if anybody wants, that can upload pictures about point items,enemies,etc.

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Super_Mario_Brothers_1
Yeah, piece of cake!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

What is the point of a SMB1 skin for Keen 1 if it doesn't even have patches to change the gameplay? I mean, right now, Keen's pogo is replaced by... bouncy mario.... :dead

Also, I'm pretty sure you could have made destructible bricks by editing the tile properties to have a 100 point tile with a solid left, top, and right, but passable bottom... then you just patch the 100 point tile to not give you any points, and viola.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

This is fantastic! Shame it's so buggy...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Paramultart wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure you could have made destructible bricks by editing the tile properties to have a 100 point tile with a solid left, top, and right, but passable bottom... then you just patch the 100 point tile to not give you any points, and viola.
That's a clever idea...the only thing with that would be that Mario would shoot through the brick instead of ricocheting off of it.

Also, couldn't the falling-off-screen thing just be accomplished by removing all the collision detection from the death sprite?
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

StupidBunny wrote: That's a clever idea...the only thing with that would be that Mario would shoot through the brick instead of ricocheting off of it.
That's true, but it's better than nothing. Right now, this is just Keen 1 with Mario graphics, and it's very awkward.

I would suggest rigging it with a few gameplay changes that, although aren't exactly like Mario, are still better than nothing.

For example, this patch at a slow speed would be a perfect enhancement for a Mario mod... Auto-Scrolling Levels:
http://www.keenmodding.org/viewtopic.php?t=1336

Although only a few select levels in Mario "auto-scrolled", this would still prevent the player from moving back to the left, (like in the original SMB1) and would make the game more challenging.

Just a thought.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

DHeadshot wrote:This is fantastic! Shame it's so buggy...
This is basic version, just to let you remember.
Later i fix the problems if you haven't read what i wrote earlier. XP

Anyway 2 bug is in the game.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

This has potential but at the moment, I don't think its very good sorry.
Lunick is Here
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

NO SORRY! I think it's not very good, but who cares for it.

Somebody like it,somebody not. THAT'S ALL!
Yeah, piece of cake!