Reminding you i am still here

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Reminding you i am still here

Post by shikadi »

remember this topic? (the screens look much easier then those of keen s, right?)

i declare the mod complete (for 99.9%, cause there a small glitch in the ending with a keen appearing while it shouldn't, but with some fantasy you can see it fit, and most ppl here have plenty of it, right?)

get it here. or if you prefer, look one post lower.
Last edited by shikadi on Wed Aug 25, 2010 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
nothing usefull here
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Looks great!

By the way, I'm mirroring this on my PCKF account, so you don't have to worry about any 2shared.com nonsense..

GET THE MOD HERE: CLICK HERE
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

And it's also on KeenWiki now.

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Vorticon_Mods

Great mod, you got the mario world feel just right.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I accidentally ran it from the exe not the bat and everything was weird... :dead
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well now let's see...

Story: Not much of one at all. In fact it was downright terrible. This seems to be intentional though, or at least you're aware of this. 2/10

Graphics: Basic, but serviceable. There's nothing here that is atrocious as such and there is a retro GB feel to them. They're not going to win any awards, but they do their job well enough. (And hey, they beat Keen GBC by far!) 5/10

Levels: Very well done, I haven't been able to pass level 3 yet and had to map cheat over it. They're challenging, if basic in design and have seen me plummet to my death more than a few times. Again these do feel like GB levels.

Patching: A surprising amount, and reasonably complex and inventive too. It was interesting to go through and see just how you'd managed to do what you did. 7/10

Overall, 5/10. It's not BOTB, but it's not bad either. Definitely worth a play through.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I've just finished this mod, and I loved it, out of the same reason I love all your other mods: you've got levelling skills. All the levels keep me entertained, and use creative features. You accomplished an almost perfect super mario world feel in some of the castles.
I like what you did with the enemies, you put all of them to a good use. (Though I'd rather have made the meep shot that super mario bullet guy)

The last level was either very easy or impossibly hard, depending on which path you choose.

I like it more than llass gave you credit so far, and that's probably because she didn't play through it. And the gameplay is definetly your strongest point.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I really like this one, as well. Old-school vibe written all over it. What it loses in the graphics department it gains in the atmosphere and gameplay. Haven't finished it yet, I'm currently in the cave/castle level with a lot of moving platforms -- cool puzzles. :dopefish
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.