Commander Keen 4.5: Parallel World

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Andy
Grunt

Commander Keen 4.5: Parallel World

Post by Andy »

(There isn't "Commander Keen" in my game's name, but it refers to CK ;))

So, I'm making this game in Multimedia Fusion 2 (it's app to making programs). I haven't got story, but we have to help Keen to get out of the Parallel World. I have made engine, but i'm not good graphic, so If anybody wants to help me, I'm waiting :D (At the moment, there are graphics from official Keen's games and background from 'Keen Dead in the Desert, but I'll change it)

Beta Engine:
http://hotfile.com/dl/41272778/68672c2/ ... l.zip.html

(Sorry for my english)
Last edited by Andy on Sat May 08, 2010 14:04, edited 2 times in total.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Hey, sounds cool, good luck! Always great to see new fangames. But if you're really interested in having gameplay and graphics that are close to the originals, you may want to look into modding.

(And don't worry about your English; I would have thought you a native speaker had you not mentioned anything about it. :))
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Did you change the look of the platform, or is it transparent? o.o
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Good luck, and rest assured we'll support you as good as we can.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

RoboBlue wrote:Did you change the look of the platform, or is it transparent? o.o
It actually seems to be dithered... Are you using 8-bit (256) color mode? Because that's not recommended in MMF, even for a Keen game.

But I do agree that it all looks very good so far. :)
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Andy
Grunt

Post by Andy »

Platforms are dithered, ripped from the game... I'm using default number of colors - 16 million ones.
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/978/colorsp.png

There isn't Keen without pogo :D I've just added one. I've already done levels editor (here will be more monsters). I'm going to do competition for best level (the only reward will be name in the readme file and adding level into the game, I can't guarantee anything else but I hope that you will be willing)
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

What? A simple, easy to use level editor? Great! I hope this game will be finished!
However, I don't like the new colors of Keen. It just seems a bit strange. Maybe you should stick with his classic purple T-shirt and jeans and Packers helmet.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

A level editor! This is showing you're quite proficient at MMF. Not that I couldn't tell by the screenshot, of course (since it actually looks good, unlike a lot of weird graphical blends made in MMF when it comes to fangames).

Can't wait to see the full release! I'd probably make a level for it. :)
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Just one level? :confused This editor has to be VERY simple, unlike TED5, Keen:Next or whatever. I can imagine everyone making levels all the time, abandoning their poor mods with incomplete levels and half-made graphics, just making levels, levels, levels and more and more levels... :mortlol :mortlol
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

You're right about that; allow levelpacks! And make all contributions into an extra "official user-submitted" pack on release. :)
Andy
Grunt

Post by Andy »

It's engine with example level only. I've tried to make level by 'Keen: Next' but it was too difficult for me ;p I think my editor will be very easy. At the moment it's working but I have to refine this. Each level is a separate file so it will be very easy to modify this game. Probably, it will be able to change tileset and the background graphic.*

*Did I write it correctly?
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Yes, you did, I think. That's great to hear! We'll be able to recolor Keen to his basic outfit then. Sounds awesome!
Andy
Grunt

Post by Andy »

It is much problem with creatures and Keen, because the have to be animated. But you convinced me, I'll restore default colors of Keen
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Maybe implementing an option for it would be the best choice. I'm just one person. So you may put a switch in the game, if you use it, Keen will change his color. That would be the best, I think.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Can't download, hotfiles is mean.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.