Welcome to the migrated PCKF!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Welcome to the migrated PCKF!

Post by Roobar »

Nisaba wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 21:37 well, I wasn't so sure about that. just check the GoogePlay downloads for CG. it says round about 4.000 comments by people who actually downloaded it. and we haven't spoken about the real download number yet. plus you have MacOs + PC versions and so on. so one can only estimate how many people are really interested in this Keen engine.

but never the less, in my opinion it's a good idea to create a subforum for it since it is an unofficial Keen game.
It's not an unofficial game! It's just an software interpreter of the original games with new additions and so on.

And I was not referring to how many downloads it have. That doesn't matter. It's still the least activity section of the forum.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Well this is neat: I was unable to get the "approve post" button for a new member's post to work without using https.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Huh, that's pretty weird. I wonder if some kind of caching was inconsistent across the HTTP and HTTPS pages.

In other news, both PCKF and K:M now require HTTPS (i.e. have permanent redirects in place). The next step is to get cookies set as secure-only - this will prevent an attacker from grabbing your session cookies before you receive the HTTPS redirect. Making the switch will probably log everyone out, so please make sure you know your password. If you don't, please use the password reset feature, and if that isn't working for some reason, send me an e-mail.

EDIT: Since Commander Genius is an Unofficial Keen Game, I've made it a sub-subforum for now. Please let me know if the functionality and display are reasonable - it's easy to undo the move if appropriate.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

looks at least reasonable to me.
will there be an external link to the wiki as well?
out now (link) : Image
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Yep, there is now! Hopefully the forum's index reshuffling isn't too jarring - I think the preservation of the Modding link as the last entry in the Commander Keen category is important for a reference point, but if things could be improved, just let me know.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

well, the link to the wiki is corrupt because it is pointing to https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewforum.php?f=15. it says
You are not authorised to read this forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

That's strange; it's working for me and Chrome sees it as a direct link to the KeenWiki. Could you please try a hard reload (Ctrl+F5) to see if that fixes it?
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

nope, deleted the cache and tested it with a different browser. same link as mentioned.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Fixed now - copying the permissions from the working Modding link made this one work too. Thanks for the report!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Thanks to the reminder from Rorie here, I checked on the pckf.com domain situation. Apparently VitaminZach did at some point along the line get the name servers updated, so we do now control the display of pckf.com! I just now got an SSL certificate for it and the PCKF should be accessible there. Currently the main domain as far as phpBB knows is still pckf.rigeltechnical.com, so there may be some weirdness accessing it from the other, but I'll get that worked out soon. The next step after that is to 301 all pckf.rigeltechnical.com URLs to pckf.com and global-search-and-replace links on PCKF and K:M for cleanliness's sake. Since mods have been released with the subdomain URL included, the redirect will be kept in place indefinitely.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Fleexy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 20:33 Thanks to the reminder from Rorie here, I checked on the pckf.com domain situation. Apparently VitaminZach did at some point along the line get the name servers updated, so we do now control the display of pckf.com! I just now got an SSL certificate for it and the PCKF should be accessible there. Currently the main domain as far as phpBB knows is still pckf.rigeltechnical.com, so there may be some weirdness accessing it from the other, but I'll get that worked out soon. The next step after that is to 301 all pckf.rigeltechnical.com URLs to pckf.com and global-search-and-replace links on PCKF and K:M for cleanliness's sake. Since mods have been released with the subdomain URL included, the redirect will be kept in place indefinitely.
Yes Fleexy, the domain for pckf.com does redirect to pckf.rigeltechnical.com
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Fleexy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 20:33 Thanks to the reminder from Rorie here, I checked on the pckf.com domain situation. Apparently VitaminZach did at some point along the line get the name servers updated, so we do now control the display of pckf.com! I just now got an SSL certificate for it and the PCKF should be accessible there. Currently the main domain as far as phpBB knows is still pckf.rigeltechnical.com, so there may be some weirdness accessing it from the other, but I'll get that worked out soon. The next step after that is to 301 all pckf.rigeltechnical.com URLs to pckf.com and global-search-and-replace links on PCKF and K:M for cleanliness's sake. Since mods have been released with the subdomain URL included, the redirect will be kept in place indefinitely.
ah, that's neat. please keep us informed when the updates are done. afterwards I'm going to take care of the KeenWiki links and replace the "old" https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com * domain with our beloved https://pckf.com address.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Well spotted Rorie :)

Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Sorry for double posting, but it's a little late to edit the last post.

I just signed in on pckf.com and everything seems to be working nicely. Good work Fleex and VZ :)

Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Eyyy triple post.

For some reason that stopped working. I'm going to stop reporting what's going on until Fleexy makes a post with an update haha, sorry all.