DEADLINE 1 JAN 2017

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

It seems that none of the e-mails I can find on VitaminZach are current, so we won't be able to get pckf.com's DNS updated soon. I might have to try the postal system. The PCKF's database will move as scheduled, but for a while the new incarnation will be visible only at pckf.rigeltechnical.com. What's currently there is just the default phpBB 2 forum, so please don't register there now; it will be populated with this site soon and your current login will work. I'll try to do something about intra-site links in post bodies, but no guarantees there.

I'll be hanging out in #pckf on irc.foonetic.net today, where I'll keep you up to date on major status changes. 150 minutes left before the start of the migration!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Under three hours left until it starts! Well that's exciting!

I have used bulk mySQL database editors before, although they were tied to a specific CMS. Using such a tool, you might be able to update intra-site links using a simple search and replace command. Restricted to post content only, of course.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Fleex, thanks so much for doing this. Your legacy is cemented as an invaluable member of the community :D
I'm excited.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Re: DEADLINE 1 JAN 2017

Post by ScarletFlame »

Everything looks so different :garg
It's going to take a while for me to get used to this, but this is so cool!
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Woohoo! Looks like everything's functional now! Are there plans to try to restore the old PCKF styling/logo/etc.?
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Thank you, Fleexy, for doing this! ;) It looks pretty good, although as keenmaster486 said, are there any plans on attempting to restore the old PCKF stuff? I would like to at least see the default banner used right now get switched to a different banner.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

It's on the right and not the left, AUGH!

But other than that, works well.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Quinton wrote:I would like to at least see the default banner used right now get switched to a different banner.
what about something like this (just a quick little mockup):
Last edited by Nisaba on Mon Oct 22, 2018 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
out now (link) : Image
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Personally, I think that's great. Some might say it's too crowded and colorful. But I differ. :goth
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

I am currently in South Australia away from home, back on topic, i've just been to pckf.com and nothing but the root index remaining no phpbb, i actually had to go through google to get here as the links on my pc tablet are outdated, i will update my bookmarks right after i finish this post, i just thought you'd all like to know about the domain Fleexy can't update until next year, as it is when it is due for expiry and when finally he can make it his!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re:

Post by Rorie »

Fleexy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2016 14:58 I also volunteer as host. I would use shared hosting; it's very inexpensive, especially if the community tosses some change at it every so often. That would avoid any problems with other e-mail systems on the same IP.

Further reading: the previous thread on the topic of moving servers.
You could add code to accept PayPal donations, that way people can donate and payment is instant most of the time, or if you didn't want to do that, you could always apply for Google Ads, however decision is yours Fleexy, I'll leave it up to you!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!