Ask an American!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

Is this stupid?

Yes
13%
No
20%
BANANA
67%

Total votes: 15

troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Re: Ask an American!

Post by troublesomekeen »

Is this going to be 'one of those threads' Mr. Rorie?

I hear an awful lot about CNN, MSNBC, CBS and who they're in the tank for,
but I don't hear anything about ABC. I find that interesting. I must brush up on my who-owns-who chart.

How much TV do you watch, Americans?
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

troublesomekeen wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:51 Is this going to be 'one of those threads' Mr. Rorie?

I hear an awful lot about CNN, MSNBC, CBS and who they're in the tank for,
but I don't hear anything about ABC. I find that interesting. I must brush up on my who-owns-who chart.

How much TV do you watch, Americans?
This thread is about Americans isn't it?, keenmaster486 says it is, buddy nothing to worry about, this won't be messy again, I have learn't from my self-imposed exile, let's both get along and respect each others opinions even if we do disagree, let's disagree is a gentle easy release!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Okay, Mr. Rorie. Let me tell you what this thread is not.
It's not an ABC news sharing hub for people who watch like hawks for defamatory or negative Trump articles with buzzword headlines.

Oh hey, all ye Americans! I'm an American, too. Another question for you! (Didn't think you'd see another question here, huh? Yeah, I know.)
Has the Trump presidency made an impact on your life?

As for myself, I can think of only one instance thus far. The Forest Service refused to issue cord tags for chopping firewood. Something about regulations.
So now we're a bit behind schedule.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Yes. Yes it has.

Thanks to the asinine stuff that Trumplethinskin and his sycophants are throwing gleefully about, there is now a very, very real, non-hyperbolic chance that my family, many close friends and I will have severely shortened lifespans.

I had just managed to get rid of my blasé "so what if I die?" attitude (lack of health care for life-altering medical crises does that to a person). Now it's back, and as I've always thought, no one should have to have that attitude.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

nanomekia wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 20:20Thanks to the asinine stuff that Trumplethinskin and his sycophants are throwing gleefully about, there is now a very, very real, non-hyperbolic chance that my family, many close friends and I will have severely shortened lifespans.
Probably because you are all at greater risk of heart attacks from worrying too much.

When Obama was in office all of the conservatives almost died worrying that he would cause the end of the world. Now the left is doing the same over Trump.

Everything will go on just the same as before. We all just need to live our lives... that's what I'm trying to do. I'm done spewing vitriol over politics.

(P. S. Trumplethinskin... LOLOLOL perfect)

Anyway, I don't want this thread to be political. I started it for cultural discussion.

How much TV do I watch? Lol... zero. I don't watch any TV at all... except for very specific things here and there such as parades and horse races. I find my life is better when I don't spend large amounts of time sitting in front of a glowing box.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Considering I live in a state that just made many horrendous cuts to insurance as now they're allowed to, and considering I have several health issues requiring constant care that is now not covered...can't be hopeful, nosirree.

But yes, let us cease the political chatter.

I'm not a TV person either tbh. Too boring!
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

troublesomekeen wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 18:07 Okay, Mr. Rorie. Let me tell you what this thread is not.
It's not an ABC news sharing hub for people who watch like hawks for defamatory or negative Trump articles with buzzword headlines.
Where Am I supposed to whinge about Republicans yet alone Trump now?, I don't want to start another thread, if so I did so this would set a dangerous precedent and others would copy cat, I need to maintain my right to criticize Trump, I disagree with him, I even disagree with him more now that he's president, He is doing irreparable damage to the U.S & now that he's provoking North Korea, He won't know what hit him if Kim-Jong Um strikes!

I am not saying that you're trying to take away my right to free speech mate, what I'm trying to say is, If this thread not the right place, where am I supposed to go?
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

I don't see anything wrong with starting a new thread Rorie, I would go for it if I were you!
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

to continue the politics I have started a new thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4067
Up yours Fleexy!