OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by chrissifniotis »

Nospike wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 15:01
chrissifniotis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 Well done. L's or P's?
Thanks, not quite sure what you mean there. :o
Heh, sorry. Do you have a learner's permit or a full license?
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Keening_Product wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 14:57
Rorie wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49I can get about on the transport system in geelong for only A$1.20 charged in 2 hour increments
Seems weird to explain myki stuff on a global forum, but that's not quite right. Travel in a single zone within two hours at the concession rate is 1.20 dollarydoos. If you use public transport over a longer period of the day you are charged the all day concession fare of $2.40. It doesn't go up to $3.60 after six hours travel or anything - the all day fare is the all day fare.
Thanks Keening_Product I had no idea that I could travel across Geelong for a daily concession cap of A$2.40, I always thought that I was billed every 2 hours but now knowing that my daily travel is capped is a bonus!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

chrissifniotis wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:03
Nospike wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 15:01
chrissifniotis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 Well done. L's or P's?
Thanks, not quite sure what you mean there. :o
Heh, sorry. Do you have a learner's permit or a full license?
Oh, that. Full license, learner's permits aren't a thing in most European countries afaik.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

AH okay. Excellent. :D
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

MY ARM IS FREEEEEEEEEEE

Feels pretty nice too considering I had quite invasive surgery on the wrist.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

nanomekia wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 21:04 MY ARM IS FREEEEEEEEEEE

Feels pretty nice too considering I had quite invasive surgery on the wrist.
OOOOOO Nano how was it? :>
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Not bad at all actually! Everything feels rather wonderful. It's definitely far more stable than it was before surgery, too. Approved.

(It was funny DURING the surgery though - I guess I had failed to mention my impressively high pain tolerance? So they have me prepped for surgery and all drugged up, they gave me stuff to make me sleepy but not actually put me out, and did a nerve block on that arm. (First time having surgery under local and not general anesthetic. Not as bad as expected.) And so the surgeon makes the first cut into my wrist and I'm half-asleep there, but it's like...okay I felt that? So I just kind of mumble "Oh I felt that" and everything just. Kinda stops. Surgeon asks me in a very surprised tone whether it was pressure or pain. I half-shrug with the good shoulder, "eh, definitely pain" - and I really don't think anyone was expecting me to be so unbothered by this? Good moment of "uhhhh what" silence follows and then they give me more stuff and proceed...idk, maybe that's just funny to me?)

ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Oh wow XD I don't have that same tolerance...I'd need to be drugged first or asleep....
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Well, to be honest, I have lived my entire twenty-nine years on this earth with chronic pain. That kind of tends to give one impressive tolerance. :P

ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

nanomekia wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 Well, to be honest, I have lived my entire twenty-nine years on this earth with chronic pain. That kind of tends to give one impressive tolerance. :P
Oh golly....I have no idea how one would live with that :<

But anyway....are you feeling good enough to do Barker's voice samples? ^^
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

The alternative is not living. I prefer living. :D

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 Well, to be honest, I have lived my entire twenty-nine years on this earth with chronic pain. That kind of tends to give one impressive tolerance. :P
And out of those 29 years have you ever had no health coverage? Pardon me for asking mate, but every Australian knows that America has no universal health insurance, and that insurance is a must in the states to avoid the expensive rip off with treatment and prescriptions, when as of myself I can obtain my anti-depressants which the cost is subsided I can obtain it for around A$7 a script and I have no insurance where as of in the U.S in the same situation as as me your looking at into the hundreds of thousand of dollars!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Rorie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35
And out of those 29 years have you ever had no health coverage? Pardon me for asking mate, but every Australian knows that America has no universal health insurance, and that insurance is a must in the states to avoid the expensive rip off with treatment and prescriptions, when as of myself I can obtain my anti-depressants which the cost is subsided I can obtain it for around A$7 a script and I have no insurance where as of in the U.S in the same situation as as me your looking at into the hundreds of thousand of dollars!
You're pardoned. :P

As a matter of fact I have been without coverage for many of the most debilitating years of my life. Currently I'm on something very similar to your Centrelink (except not nearly as good and I'm probably about to lose THAT too because fsck the governor of this fscking state and fsck the orange menace currently sitting in office) and have been since about...three, four years ago? Most everything I desperately need to stay alive is covered, and I do credit this insurance, no matter how terribad, for saving my life - but, well, it's going to be pulled out from under me, and from under all the other disabled people in this state relying on it.

I expect to be dead soon after January 1st. This isn't hyperbole. That's when the insurance goes kaput and I'm no longer going to be on the medications that keep my body from poisoning itself and let me actually absorb nutrients from my food.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 20:27
Rorie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35
You're pardoned. :P

As a matter of fact I have been without coverage for many of the most debilitating years of my life. Currently I'm on something very similar to your Centrelink (except not nearly as good and I'm probably about to lose THAT too because fsck the governor of this fscking state and fsck the orange menace currently sitting in office) and have been since about...three, four years ago? Most everything I desperately need to stay alive is covered, and I do credit this insurance, no matter how terribad, for saving my life - but, well, it's going to be pulled out from under me, and from under all the other disabled people in this state relying on it.
Makes you wish you were either a Canadian or Australian citizen eh mate? Even Canada & Australia look after their sick citizens much better than the United states!
I expect to be dead soon after January 1st. This isn't hyperbole. That's when the insurance goes kaput and I'm no longer going to be on the medications that keep my body from poisoning itself and let me actually absorb nutrients from my food.
I'm sorry to hear that, it makes me so angry that in America there is little value in Human Life but there is essentially a urge to accumulate massive wealth and the right to bear guns, at least in Australia the gun problem is not as bad as in the US, there alone there are mass shootings nearly every single day!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Aye, it would be quite nice to be in a country that actually cares about its residents...not that I'm going down without a fight mind you, I'm too bloody stubborn for that. I can at least give life a few good kicks in the...teeth.

I agree we need some better gun control laws, but I honestly think that simply by way of being the bloody US, we'd manage to muck up what other countries such as the UK and Australia have done successfully. Sigh.