Paying Penance

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: Paying Penance

Post by Rorie »

Levellass wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 18:43 You've got a touch of the American ills it seems.

I just don't know how a country with so much everything can have such dissatisfied people. So much is better over there yet we're the ones with stable government. Madness!
You're lucky that in the last 9 years from 2008-2016 you had a Prime Minister that led stable government, during that time in Australia we have had 4 Prime Ministers that never served a full term, this does nothing to please credit agencies regrading the status of our AAA Credit Rating!, whom I believe will be cut due to the shenanigans and debt that the Liberals have added on after Labor left us with a manageable debt whom which both sides blame each other, if they truly cared then they would have supported the Governments proposed budget savings which still remain blocked at a time when Australia cannot afford the $122 million price tag for a postal vote on same sex marriage!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

If Australia still had the Death Penalty in 1987, then this man would have been executed years ago instead of rotting in jail wasting taxpayers money, Julian Knight took the life's of 7 people, why does he deserve to be kept alive, why not stick him with a needle and save the State of Victoria some serious money?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-17/j ... ht/8815834
Up yours Fleexy!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Maybe because the death penalty is something usually reserved to barbaric nations, whereas more civilized nations (thankfully) employ prisons and psychiatric hospitals to treat people who are obviously insane instead of solving murders by murdering other people?

Are you sure you're on the left wing?
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

CKeen wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 17:34 Maybe because the death penalty is something usually reserved to barbaric nations, whereas more civilized nations (thankfully) employ prisons and psychiatric hospitals to treat people who are obviously insane instead of solving murders by murdering other people?

Are you sure you're on the left wing?
It should be like this mate, E4E When you take the innocent life of another human being no matter how insane or remorseful you are, You shouldn't be kept alive, but in Australia it has been that way since 1984, When Capital Punishment ended in Australia Nationally, we should reintroduce it as it will reduce the Murder Rate in this country and as I said in my previous post it will save the country money in the long run, Having the Death Penalty works out cheaper to the taxpayer than locking away some guilty murderer for life, this has worked in the United States and will work in Australia but sadly the pro-lifers have won and therefore life sentences are now the norm, Martin Bryant Australia's worst mass murderer gets to spend the rest of his life alive when back in 1996, This man should have died by now rather than still be alive!
Up yours Fleexy!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Yes, good thing Australia obeys the rule of law and not the emotionally-charged lectures of those who wish the death penalty for everyone: it's been proven socially that the death penalty solves NOTHING in terms of crime rate, despite conservatives wanting people to believe the opposite. As a matter of fact, here are a few quotes for you by Albert Pierrepoint, one of the most famous executioners in human history:

All the men and women whom I have faced at that final moment, convince me that in what I have done, I have not prevented a single murder.
Executioner: Pierrepoint. Harrap 1974. p. 211.
I have come to the conclusion that executions solve nothing, and are only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes the easy way and hands over the responsibility for revenge to other people.
Executioner: Pierrepoint. Harrap 1974. p. 210.
The trouble with the death penalty has always been that nobody wanted it for everybody, but everybody differed about who should get off.
Executioner: Pierrepoint. Harrap 1974. p. 211.
No truer words could have been spoken. As I already have said, the death penalty does absolutely nothing to lower the crime rate and is something best reserved to savages and barbaric nations like Saudi Arabia or whatever. It's funny you mention how the death penalty has somehow made the US a better place considering the US has by far the highest crime rate in the western world and no sign of it going down. As a matter of fact, the US is the perfect example of how utterly useless the death penalty is. As for taxpayers' money, surely with how much of said money gets wasted on hundreds of other way way way WAY more expensive things you cannot honestly tell me that a plate of food and possibly air conditioning for a prisoner is what's draining the honest people's pockets?

Thank god we are past the death penalty for good in much of the western world. We must not go back to being barbarians.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

CKeen tell me mate, what part of the world do you live in? are you Canadian or Australian?, what citizenship do you hold?, From your views I assume that you're not American, as of if you were you probably would be pro-capital punishment and your views would be different from most Americans as I believe most Americans support the death penalty where as of Canada they're are mostly against
Up yours Fleexy!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

I live in Sicily. Even here there are a lot of people who are sadly pro-capital punishment, even though thankfully it is banned, and will probably remain so.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

CKeen wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:12 I live in Sicily. Even here there are a lot of people who are sadly pro-capital punishment, even though thankfully it is banned, and will probably remain so.
So you hold Italian Citizenship?
Up yours Fleexy!
Alopex
Grunt

Post by Alopex »

CKeen wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:12 I live in Sicily. Even here there are a lot of people who are sadly pro-capital punishment, even though thankfully it is banned, and will probably remain so.
Are you italian? Because I am. :-b
Check out my Commander Keen 6 Mod, Back to Fribbulus Xax: viewtopic.php?t=13913.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Sicily is an autonomous region in the Italian Republic, so, yes.