Catchall thread for all in-universe keen theories. These should constitute more substance than what's generally seen in the stupid reference thread.
Some I've seen that I'll get out of the way:
- Mortimer is older than keen and bullied him because he's a big kid
- Doomguy is keen's great great grand-whatever, if he is not Keen himself in the future
- Molly Mcmire has an IQ of 316 (or another insanely higher number) and is the manipulative puppetmaster behind all of Mort's schemes.
- All Id/Apogee games share the same universe and all the Commander Keen/Dopefish/Yorp cameos in other games are canon. (Doom is linked by the hanged keens in the doom 2 secret map, which is linked to duke nukem by the dead space marine in the torture prison, which is linked to cosmo since he freed Duke from a block of ice on another planet. So a Keen and Cosmo crossover is possible *hint hint*)
- Keen and Mort aren't really geniuses and all the games are just their imaginary adventures in the neighborhood. I dislike theories that try to make sense of the material with It Was All A Dream, comas, drug hallucinations, schitzophrenia/insanity, or just plain the kids were playing pretend. They are the lowest of cop outs.
- Vorticons have been to ancient egypt, thus we have Anubis.
Some theories I've come up with myself...
- The spider mastermind in Doom is Mortimer McMire. He somehow turned into a giant brain in the future and uses the armies of hell in his attempts to destroy the universe.
- Keen Dreams, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Zelda: Link's Awakening all exist in the same plane of reality... Maybe even cthulhu or that alien God in Pathways Into Darkness have something to do with this dream world...
- This is a cool idea I randomly had in an unrelated thread: The Vorticons invented the "V" symbol and introduced it to us Earthlings. We then turned it into the letter V. As for vortikids learning the alphabet in school... it's part of mortimer's invasion plan? But he merely wants to DESTROY earth. Invading it would be a waste of time.
- The hanging keens in doom 2 are duplicates created by time travel. Keen may have had time traveling adventures in the future at some point, and Futurama law dictates that all duplicates created by time travel are doomed
This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
1 post • Page 1 of 1