Keen: Crisis Earth (TRAILER)

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Do you want to see this mod finished?

Yes
82%
Meh
18%

Total votes: 39

Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Paramultart wrote:Either I'm being framed for sock puppeteering, or someone just really wants to see this game finished.

Let me just assure everyone that I have absolutely NO INTEREST in finishing this mod, let alone modding ever again; therefore, I'm changing the 20 votes thing to 20 legitimate posts from seasoned Keeners.
Just for the record, I voted against it. On some forums it even allows one to see how what person voted, that voted. Not sure if the admins have access to that feature, perhaps they do. At any rate, it's unfair to have this run indefinitely... so I think it's fair to say that the poll failed as it did not get enough votes in the first month. :)
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Interest is not one of the community's strong points. I voted for, but time will tell. I'm planning a blaze of modding this year.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Well, if you really don't wanna do it, that's fine... you're not forced to. It's just truly saddening though that something with this much potential fell flat just like that. As much as I love Commander Keen AND Bio-Menace, this would've been awesome on many different levels... for one, the fact that this would've been the very first Bio-Menace mod that wasn't just a level pack, and for another, the fact that it's something really different... I love the idea of a more adult keen, that was a nice touch in and of itself.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Then take all of para's stuff and finish it.

Anyway, it's not all para's project. Ceilick might suddenly want to start chipping away at it again.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I'm fine with assisting, but I'm a bit out of my depth, Biomenace-wise.

Also, I deeply miss the CKCM.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

I see his discouragement though, it seems nobody wants to see something new... naysayers kinda downed the project, saying it wasn't very "keeny" and the like... well you know, sometimes it's good to take a step away from the same old formula, Yes there are some very cool Keen mods out there, I've seen a ton of awesome stuff, but in stating that, why not try something new? Something new that could be even more awesome? This looks like it would be quite epic, I'm pretty sure when people get to try the actual thing, most will likely feel the same...

And I've already stated several times, this would be the first Bio-Menace mod out - that game has none, save for a few level packs here and there. It doesn't get the attention it deserves IMO...

I say to those against it - why not just give it an honest chance?
Paramultart was at first determined to finish and release the mod...

And, even with my lack of experience in Keen modding (or Bio-Menace modding even,) and lack of time to be on the computer much, I would like to pitch in and help out as much as possible if I could... heck, I'd have to start somewhere, right? Aside from the fact it doesn't take me much to get the hang of modding games, especially when it comes to earlier games.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Boreas249 wrote:Paramultart was at first determined to finish and release the mod...
How do you know that?

At any rate, modding is a long process. Even if everyone worked hardcore on the thing, it's not reasonable to expect to see it released in a short time frame. It will be done, for sure, the only question is when. There's no rushing mods. :P
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

The only thing holding this project back is lack of a level editor that isn't TED5. If we got TOM compatibility, or anything better than TED5, I'd finish this project with anyone else wanting to hop aboard.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Scarlet wrote:How do you know that?
Paramultart, in the first post in this thread, wrote:I still hope we finish and release this.
Not everything is a conspiracy, Scarlet.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

Just heard about this today for the first time.. Shame it never got worked on more. Major potential! Hopefully with the new modding material that's available over time, some people will finish it.