Mystery of Isis IIa

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

Anyway, expect something to be released within 1-2 months. hopefully before Christmas.
I meant Christmas 2012, BTW.

In all seriousness, still hope to have something out relatively soon. Just wrapping it up as best I can.

It will take a bit longer, but I'll also allow custom maps, so that potentially, people can make better levels for the ones that aren't so good, and the best ones could get used in version 2.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

MOI community level pack? :p
GameBird
Vortininja

Post by GameBird »

RoboBlue wrote:That reminds me very strongly of a certain gameboy classic. 8)
Haha, well that is one of my favorite games of all time. It is my favorite Zelda game, so influences are to be expected :P
Right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6YbNIvUFg
Soundtrack Composer for:
-- Botfloria is Out of Flowers! -- The Atroxian Realm --
-- Mystery of Isis II
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

MOI community level pack?
Anything is possible. And I dare say the editing is *much* easier than editing the original Keen games. Different, but easier and less peculiarities to be concerned with.

Rather than "level pack", I'd be first interested in people fixing/tweaking existing campaign levels, since 2 or 3 out of the 9 to be released, will be somewhat incomplete.
DukeNukem 2417
Grunt

Post by DukeNukem 2417 »

Long-time listener, first time caller.....

I've been replaying the original Isis II demo sicne last Friday, and it's probably among my Top 10 favorite Keen fangames EVER.

I WAS going to ask where I could get the most recent demo, but I just noticed the link.....WOW. 68.4 megs....I have a efeling that this is going to be well worth the download time! :D
What's the point of growing up if you can't be a little childish sometimes?
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

Hi Duke,

The main reason the download is so large is because it includes 9 full length sound tracks.

The latest demo is in pretty good shape engine-wise, but as others have mentioned unfortunately the level design lets it down a bit.