indiegogo campaign to get Keen Dreams released legally!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Your past lets you down, a lot. You should have dealt with that first considering your last activity was on the Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Steam Hub less than a month ago. I don't believe that you weren't going to 100% not do anything shady with this fund.

As for contacting me, I have no business with you, don't bother contacting myself or my friends.
Lunick is Here
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

RoboBlue wrote:
dopefishing wrote:I have to admit, I havent been very honest about my identity here, and for that I'm sorry.
Doesn't this violate the board's TOS?
It's not against the TOS, just dishonest.
dopefishing wrote:I've been trying to reach Lunick about this, and he keeps ignoring me. I have to admit, I havent been very honest about my identity here, and for that I'm sorry. I indeed started this campaign, but unlike what Lunick said, it was never my intention to deceive anyone. It is not a scam, unlike what Lunick claims. The money indeed was/is going towards the intended goal, and nowhere else. I havent seen a cent of any pledges up to this point, I havent entered any payment information to indiegogo, and i wont if the community wants it. It's true that I was selling software without owning the rights to it, and im sorry about that, I have removed those from sale. This campaign was my venturing into legit realms. I was tired of selling illegal software, and i really didnt see much gains from any anyways. I wanted to do something that would benefit the keen community, and bring excitement to its members. This campaign was 100% true, and i thank all the contributors to it, up to this point, including Lunick. I feel it's important that you hear this side of the story, since it's not all what he paints it to be.
thank you for your time.
While, if true, your decision to get out of the piracy business is admirable, the fact is that based on your history (and especially your immature responses to critics on Twitter) you no longer have any credibility. You simply can't be trusted with our money right now. You need to cancel the campaign.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Yeah, im working with somebody here about possibly transferring the campaign to someone else.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

dopefishing wrote:Yeah, im working with somebody here about possibly transferring the campaign to someone else.
I'd be surprised if you could do that. I'd also be surprised if backers would be comfortable with that - who is it you're trying to transfer it to?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Yes, indiegogo allows it. Im thinking about transferring it to Troublesome KEen, since he donated the 1000$. If that's not possible i have a friend that can be trusted, dont worry, that can transfer it to. He's well known on the web.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

dopefishing wrote:He's well known on the web.
So are you, apparently.

TSK, are you likely to accept driving this thing? Who will be doing all the things listed in the campaign details?

troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Keening_Product wrote:TSK, are you likely to accept driving this thing? Who will be doing all the things listed in the campaign details?
Not likely at all, no. I'm not privy to running a campaign. I don't know what that entails.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Originally I've thought why can't the campaign simply be cancelled with all funds being returned, but then I've seen this:

http://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/a ... a-Campaign

Guess what's left, apart from transferring the campaign or getting it shut down in some unusual way, is returning the pledges on a user-by-user basis.
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Im currently discussing with someone about the possibility of transferring them the campaign, dont worry you'll be able to trust this source. I think he's going to register to these boards to tell you himself.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

It would look a lot more legit if you simply told us who that person is...
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

He's Blzut3. He's the owner and maintainer of Maniacsvault, and works on the ECWolf engine. Who knows, perhaps with Keen's source code open source, if we manage to do it, he could add support to it. :)
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

I just read over some of this thread again. So many loose ends.
Gridlock wrote:
Keen Dreams' current publisher is interested in transferring the rights to the episode, and I've been in talks with them to get it done. The asking cost is $1500 to get Keen Dreams re-released digitally and legally across major digital stores.
Does anyone know if these claims are legit? If so, this would seem a good (almost too good to be true) opportunity.
I don't recall getting a satisfactory response to that question. It WAS the first to be asked.
dopefishing wrote:I think it's Keen Dreams.
You didn't know?

dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Keening_Product wrote:I just read over some of this thread again. So many loose ends.
Gridlock wrote:
Keen Dreams' current publisher is interested in transferring the rights to the episode, and I've been in talks with them to get it done. The asking cost is $1500 to get Keen Dreams re-released digitally and legally across major digital stores.
Does anyone know if these claims are legit? If so, this would seem a good (almost too good to be true) opportunity.
I don't recall getting a satisfactory response to that question. It WAS the first to be asked.
dopefishing wrote:I think it's Keen Dreams.
You didn't know?
Yes, it's true. Email Richard Mandel, from FlatRock software, and ask him about it. He'll tell you. Dont take my word for it.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Do we know that he holds all legal rights to the game?
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

He does. Flat Rock Software owns the rights to all Softdisk games, including keen dreams.