Last movie you saw

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Roger_Klotz
Vortininja

Post by Roger_Klotz »

I watched Wild Hogs last night. I've seen it a few times, but it just never gets old.
'90s Kids Unite @ the Power Rangers Forum - https://generationz.jcink.net
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Dr. Strange - when strange is not enough

Just watched that movie and boy - was it a blast! I usually don't like Marvel movies about superheroes (Guardian of the Galaxy being the first exception), but I think this is the best blockbuster of the year so far (Harry Potter and Star Wars are yet to come). I didn't knew anything about Dr. Strange before and I think that turns out to my favor. It was fresh story, brilliant acting and exceptional visual effects and cinematography. Also, in some ways it reminded me of Inception and The Matrix. A must watch in 4DX :)
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Gosh I can't remember what the last movie I saw was which is sad as I used to be very into movies from all eras. Actually, the first Addams Family film from 1991 was on tv there for Halloween, but before that it's been a long time since I've put together enough time to watch a film. Half hour sitcom segments are easier to fit into a busy life... I heartily recommend The League of Gentlemen as far as television goes. Have any of you watched that?
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

strange enough I've just recently watched Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb...
a moving picture
out now (link) : Image
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Last movie I saw?

Uhh...

Oh yeah. "Sinister". Because it was Halloween so I guess that means you have to watch a scary movie. It was horrible.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I'm waiting a week or two more before watching Doctor Strange. Just wanna rock up and get a seat.
The last movie I saw was Louis Theroux's 'My Scientology Movie'. Holy cow that thing blew my mind, I mean I knew beforehand that Scientologists were pretty nutty but the movie really does try to go to great lengths expose a great deal of the foundation of superego and insanity in the institution.

#theroadwaspublic
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Storks.

Loved it, BUT, it really shouldn't have been as good as it was. And I suspect a lot of people would hate it. (But seriously, wolf submarine.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Roobar wrote:Dr. Strange - when strange is not enough
Ahh, I loved those spatial distortions :D
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Re: Last movie you saw

Post by KeenRush »

Anyone else seen It Comes At Night? The best film I've seen in a while. :scary
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

After the Thin Man.

One in the Thin Man series, with Nick and Nora Charles the husband/wife detective team hahahaha!

"You look too respectable dear, have a martini"
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Wonder Woman. If other DC movies are as good as Wonder Woman I'll take back everything I said about DC.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

chrissifniotis wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:36 Wonder Woman. If other DC movies are as good as Wonder Woman I'll take back everything I said about DC.
I thought it was great too! Reminds me of a mix between Thor and Captain America 1.

I just saw Spider-Man: Homecoming and I'd say it's almost as good as the first 2 with Tobey Maguire-- really makes up for the terrible Amazing Spider-Man movies (especially the first one).
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The Flight Before Christmas, because why not?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Alopex
Grunt

Post by Alopex »

Last movie I saw was The Hobbit (An Unexpected Journey). I watched the trilogy a bunch of times and I love it more and more.
Check out my Commander Keen 6 Mod, Back to Fribbulus Xax: viewtopic.php?t=13913.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Just happened to glance at this thread as it was recently revived... as it happens The Thin Man is the most recent movie I watched, as my Dad recently bought it for me on DVD. Felt compelled to pass comment.
keenmaster486 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:58 After the Thin Man.

One in the Thin Man series, with Nick and Nora Charles the husband/wife detective team hahahaha!

"You look too respectable dear, have a martini"