PCKF Forum Theme/Skin

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Napalm
Grunt

PCKF Forum Theme/Skin

Post by Napalm »

Hi People,
So, there was a little talk about a new logo for the forums, so went looking around the net for different things see what I could find. Anyway I came up with a whole new look.

And I've put this into the forum "look". Goes well I think, a couple of edits can be made to make the header text more visible. So, what do you think? :p

Edit: I found this picture along the way.. I wonder if its of anyone on the keen forums.. levellass maybe?
http://i18.tinypic.com/4yziy6v.jpg

Napalm
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Whoa, looks nice. How long did it take you to make? It makes a nice look.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

The concept is not bad. Sure this could be turned in something nice. It looks already better than those horrible old school logo's!
Aaaah, not the bees!
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I had the same idea, but no inspiration to make something for it. :(

I'm gonna try and make a similar header, but in a different style, and see what I can come up with...
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

It's an interesting concept (apart from the nauseating combination of green and grey, but that's a minor enough detail).

Too busy for my liking--I'd prefer the plain white background and a simple logo to this--but it would be good to have as an option.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

If you used that background image you'd want the forum colour scheme to also be red and purple, but I think you'd need to change the text colour up the top to make it a bit more readable (maybe a black background behind it or something.)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I like it. :)

Who's that girl? Where did you find that picture? Cool.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

And where'd she get her shirt? *jealous* (except for the pink part)

[edit] It could have been one of those "print onto this special paper, and then iron it onto your shirt" things. But I'm not sure.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I really like this look. I think we should make it an option as a forum skin.

I don't personally have anything wrong with the green and gray, but I'm too colorblind to know what a good color combination looks like, so... :painted
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Well, obviously it's nothing official Commander Keen shirt, that's for sure. :) I should finally, after many years of going-to, get one too...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Napalm
Grunt

Post by Napalm »

Thanks for the feedback. It only took about half hour.. maybe an hour knowing how fast time goes by in front of this screen. I did notice the text and background clash. The fix for this would be to move the content down the page so that the text is on the solid red background so its readable. Keen can still be behind the top of the board in the centre as it does not interfere with the text. The Green and Grey where used because they are used in the wrist-watch computer theme. I like the idea of using the red/purple theme for the main forum board.. might work. I'll try it out tomorrow.

The picture of that now famous girl is from: http://www.thebachelorguy.com/retro-gee ... -tees.html
Extract from page:
4D wrote:
I made myself a Commander Keen shirt a while back, actually... pretty much just designed the vector art, printed onto a t-shirt transfer and ironed it on.

Photo -- http://i18.tinypic.com/4yzi...

Anyway, I think it turned out pretty decently. I'm just waiting to get sued by Apogee now...
So what do the admin's think? Possible optional skin?

Napalm
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

PURE CYAN ARRRRGHFGSFDS

jimmyjames
Vortininja

Post by jimmyjames »

I like it a lot. but I still miss the old forum style at the old PCKF :(
Forget it.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

If you ask me it could be an optional skin, perhaps the actual forum colours a bit different still, but I don't know if we'll have multiple skins. That's something I'm not allowed to decide on my own.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Yeah, I think the green will have to change, but other than that it looks alright.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's