Version 1.9.5 Beta for Windows

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Version 1.9.5 Beta for Windows

Post by gerstrong »

Here goes a major update of the awesome Commander Genius.

This time it comes without games, but a powerful game center in which you can automatically let download the games, special editions and of course some mods. I will upload more making this list time by time more complete.

I have experienced some issues with Windows 10 and Dreams lately. Not sure if you have those problems because I tested it in a virtual machine. I'm still hunting bugs and will fix soon those hopefully.

It is still a step further to the Version 2.0. There are still things to do, but I'm getting the stuff done.

Why was the downloader important? Well this way I have no license issues distributing Commander Genius. Though some linux distros already support CG there are some that have issues, because of the game data and the required user interaction.

With that version and thanks to the downloader, everything is performed by just two simple clicks and we can provide much more content without getting big packages.

Let me know what you think about this version.

The next Mission is to integrate Python support so we can finally put nice scripts into the mods and avoid ugly hacks. My plan is to test this with Keen 9 and see how it goes. Too bad it still requires Keen 5, maybe we can change that some day.

The good thing about CG is that not much information of the executables is required.

EDIT: Discussion thread about the Game Center is here! https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=3648

Get it here:

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/download/

EDIT: Don't be surprised. Because there are no games bundled this time, the setup is much smaller. Let the game center do its work!
Having fun developing stuff...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

For those who tried to download CG for Windows, sorry, Sourceforge had some problems. Now they are solved. Happy keening!
Having fun developing stuff...