Version 1.8.2

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Version 1.8.2

Post by gerstrong »

Hey there,

some days ago the build of version 1.8.2 has been uploaded for Windows only.

It's not on the website but it's real. I'm trying to create the other versions and have struggling with Launchpad lately.

I will announce this version when all builds for different systems including android are complete.

But website updated or not you can download that version of course and enjoy!

Have fun:
  • - Lots of bug fixes
    - OpenGL works better with SDL 2.0
    - Some improved and smoother animations at some parts of the game
    - New Gamepad system for better android device experience
I haven't had that much time lately but I'm still trying to work on that project in my free time. For now this release should be more stable. I think those are also good news for everyone :-)

Update: Just got the PPA successfully updated. I have a more recent Ubuntu version up to Wily(15.10 Alpha) or least Precise (14.04 LTS) you should be able to get CG with future updates:

https://launchpad.net/~gerstrong/+archi ... /+packages

If you want to add the repository:

In terminal just write:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:gerstrong/cgenius
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install commandergenius 
Having fun developing stuff...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Re: Version 1.8.2

Post by gerstrong »

Another Update is on the way. Stay tuned! -> Version 1.8.2.1

I got the collision detection improved a bit. Should help in some very special levels.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

gerstrong wrote:I got the collision detection improved a bit. Should help in some very special levels.
I'm not sure what that means, but I can walk through one tile high(16 pixels) openings and clip into solid blocks when jumping diagenly up...l
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levack wrote:
gerstrong wrote:I got the collision detection improved a bit. Should help in some very special levels.
I'm not sure what that means, but I can walk through one tile high(16 pixels) openings and clip into solid blocks when jumping diagenly up...l
I have seen these problems in the past can you show where to reproduce it? For every update I usually improve the collision detection a bit, but I have to be careful, at some other places the detection might be too harsh.

In one level of Keen 5 there is a tight place in which you could not get through in the last version. That one at least is fixed.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Ah,yes It WAS hard to get through that place. nice job fixing it. :)

For some reason the android version's keen sprite hit box is wrong now. In level two of keen 1, I can walk right through the blocks just by pressing the right arrow key. it doesnt do it in the windows version but the windows version crashes when saving or dying. Android also crashes when i try to edit the video settings.

After quitting CG in windows I have to delete the config file for it to run again or it just sits on the title screen.

The desert level in Accumulators starts out black. If I save game and reload it displays normally.

For some reason if a elevator starts out moving downward and immediately hits a elevator boundry sprite, it moves up past the top boundry sprite and moves out of the level. I can't complete Keen 6 because of this bug.

(Running on Windows 8.1 and android kitkat)
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levack wrote:Ah,yes It WAS hard to get through that place. nice job fixing it. :)

For some reason the android version's keen sprite hit box is wrong now. In level two of keen 1, I can walk right through the blocks just by pressing the right arrow key. it doesnt do it in the windows version but the windows version crashes when saving or dying. Android also crashes when i try to edit the video settings.

After quitting CG in windows I have to delete the config file for it to run again or it just sits on the title screen.

The desert level in Accumulators starts out black. If I save game and reload it displays normally.

For some reason if a elevator starts out moving downward and immediately hits a elevator boundry sprite, it moves up past the top boundry sprite and moves out of the level. I can't complete Keen 6 because of this bug.

(Running on Windows 8.1 and android kitkat)
This behavior is strange. I think we need another better version. I'm going to test and fix your issues. If I can reproduce that and fix it, a better version will be in the way. A bit critical I consider what you are telling me here.