Adding new games on Ubuntu

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
EbbeLockert
Meep

Adding new games on Ubuntu

Post by EbbeLockert »

Hi everybody!

I just installed CG on Ubuntu, but no games come pre-installed, so I need to add them myself.

This should not be too hard, but it is not documented anywhere how one does it.

I'm guessing you modify games.cfg in some way, but how?
EbbeLockert
Meep

Post by EbbeLockert »

So apparently you can cd to the folder with the game and then run the game. But it would be nice with a more systematic way.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

EbbeLockert wrote:So apparently you can cd to the folder with the game and then run the game. But it would be nice with a more systematic way.
I would like to design of this the way the games are automatically download. I cannot supply the games at the launchpad right now. Maybe later... need to check license stuff.

Maybe in future we might suplly a downloader like it is done with android version.
Having fun developing stuff...
ken
Meep

Post by ken »

EbbeLockert wrote:So apparently you can cd to the folder with the game and then run the game. But it would be nice with a more systematic way.
I was having trouble figuring this out also, using Linux Mint. After a little looking, I found the readme file, and figured out to do this:

Inside the ~/.CommanderGenius folder, create a games subfolder, and put all Keen game folders inside this folder. Then, games will show up in the menu when you run Commander Genius.

~/.CommanderGenius/games/Keen1/
~/.CommanderGenius/games/Keen2/
etc.

It would be nice to have this on the main webpage somewhere, maybe under a FAQ page.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

ken wrote:
I was having trouble figuring this out also, using Linux Mint. After a little looking, I found the readme file, and figured out to do this:

Inside the ~/.CommanderGenius folder, create a games subfolder, and put all Keen game folders inside this folder. Then, games will show up in the menu when you run Commander Genius.

~/.CommanderGenius/games/Keen1/
~/.CommanderGenius/games/Keen2/
etc.

It would be nice to have this on the main webpage somewhere, maybe under a FAQ page.
Hi ken, lately especially because my personal has been taking over a bit, I wanted to ask if you or someone wants to open up a FAQ. I really like that idea. Especially Android users would profit a lot from that.

I can create an FAQ but it would take much more time to get online. I even didn't have time to develop on CG lately, but in one or two months I will have.

Currently I am preparing myself moving to a new location for the next year.
Having fun developing stuff...