Release 1.8.1.3 with some bug fixes

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Release 1.8.1.3 with some bug fixes

Post by gerstrong »

After some complains, that the app crashes, I created a new sandbox and compiled CG with updated sources.

I think this release is somewhat better. Some ingame and menu bugs have been fixed.

I have uploaded the windows version for now, other builds will be uploaded later. Since that crash really was annoying I decided to rebuilt it for windows only for now because it urged.

The bundle contains a 32-bit executable once again, so even on old systems it should run well and the HQP Stuff for Keen 4 is bundled this time as a bonus. Only the tilemaps and music are packaged which is what I have for this game right now!

Of course you can remove those resources, if you don't like them, you find them in the directory where the game data is. You just need to delete the "music" and "gfx" directory and presto!, old school Keen 4!

Enjoy!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloneke ... nius/V1.8/
Having fun developing stuff...
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I was hoping to try this out to give some proper feedback, but I'm getting that same error reported in the other release: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Any suggestions or is this problem out of my control?
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Gridlock wrote:I was hoping to try this out to give some proper feedback, but I'm getting that same error reported in the other release: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Any suggestions or is this problem out of my control?
That's really annoying. Why can't I reproduce this and why is it happening on your system as well. I will create another sandboxed Windows version for that. It must get reproduced.

http://github.com/gerstrong/Commander-Genius/issues/212

Maybe this helps. I already changed the DLLs, but maybe it helps...
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 and this one works for me. You may need to reinstall DirectX or the Visual C++ redistributable or maybe even the .NET Framework. You may also try running the program as administrator.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Huh, I'm getting the same exact error (0xc000007b) with version 1.8.1.3.

You don't have a 64 bit windows release do you? I'll also see if any of Fleex's ideas work.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

MoffD wrote:Huh, I'm getting the same exact error (0xc000007b) with version 1.8.1.3.

You don't have a 64 bit windows release do you? I'll also see if any of Fleex's ideas work.
Wow, this really is strange. I cannot reproduce this error. I have Windows 7 64-bit running and it opens fine. Which download package did you use?

I'm starting to think that SDL2 does not runs on some systems.

Maybe one of those all in one things is missing:

http://www.sereby.org/site/aio

But not sure, since it works here fine... I cannot say for sure...
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

I think there is also a problem for the android version. It will run sometimes, but it will often crash when loading a level or on startup.
Sometimes it will also crash when Keen dies.

Or is it just my tablet? Could somebody provide me with a CG 1.7.4.0 APK, please?
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levack wrote:I think there is also a problem for the android version. It will run sometimes, but it will often crash when loading a level or on startup.

Or is it just my tablet? Could somebody provide me with a CG 1.7.4.0 APK, please?
I need to search that. I should one lying Herr around. After sandboxing I found a way to fix the error under Windows. Building another release for that system. I can update the Android Build as well in that way and provide the apk.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

gerstrong wrote:
Levack wrote:I think there is also a problem for the android version. It will run sometimes, but it will often crash when loading a level or on startup.

I need to search that. I should one lying Herr around. After sandboxing I found a way to fix the error under Windows. Building another release for that system. I can update the Android Build as well in that way and provide the apk.
Okay, it seems that I got the error. It should be fixed now...
bp
Vortininja

Post by bp »

Win32 1.8.1.3 working great for me on Windows 10 TP, thanks!
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Ah, now it works

Wait...it doesn't read the tile info anymore! :(
I thought this was just a bug for the googleplay version but it's not.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levack wrote:Ah, now it works

Wait...it doesn't read the tile info anymore! :(
I thought this was just a bug for the googleplay version but it's not.
Tileinfo? How can I reproduce this?
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Um, I'm not sure what you are trying to ask. :confused

I tried playing The Parilus Pursuit and Bad Dreams but the tile info (.tli) isn't being read. So the only good mods I can play right now are keen 7,yorphius II, and Episode X; due to their lack of tileinfo being changed.

I had to "upgrade":P to version CG_0.4.0.12.apk to get the mods to run.(as I couldn't find more recent apk versions)>:
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Levack wrote:Um, I'm not sure what you are trying to ask. :confused

I tried playing The Parilus Pursuit and Bad Dreams but the tile info (.tli) isn't being read. So the only good mods I can play right now are keen 7,yorphius II, and Episode X; due to their lack of tileinfo being changed.

I had to "upgrade":P to version CG_0.4.0.12.apk to get the mods to run.(as I couldn't find more recent apk versions)>:
Ahh okay, let me try fixing that...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

gerstrong wrote:
Levack wrote:Um, I'm not sure what you are trying to ask. :confused

Ahh okay, let me try fixing that...
Okay, it is fixed. Those mods are awesome. Pretty impressive what can be done using the vorticon engine.

PPA is building Commander Genius right now. Windows version will be uploaded.