SVGA Tileset in Keen 4

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

@ guynietoren: That is awesome art!
Need a tuturial on how to do that...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

After some time of absence and a lot of private life, here are some news:

I'm building a Win32 release of the next Commander Genius called version 1.8.1.0. I hope I get it working and tested today.

I'm going to drop the Win64 version. I think for that kind of game it really does not help. It doesn't need 64 Bit release and Win64 can perfectly handle 32 Bit systems. So after reading some complains the upcoming will be Win32 build again, so it will run on older systems as well.

Also the other editions, Linux, Android get updates. Btw. anyone want to update the Mac version?

Anyways, that version only has one new feature, SVGA-Tilemap so you can play the what you have seen here, just a bit better, because I have been working a lot on it's design and it is going to be great, I promise. no Gaussian Blur anymore I really took more care on details. Some effects with that Gauss-Blur are left in, but I think they look okay. We might improve that later. So the Tilemaps are ready for release and I'm building a new HQP with those graphics.

Now look at those screenshots:

Stay tuned, if everything goes right the build are up later that day on the website:

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net
Having fun developing stuff...
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

If guynietoren finishes, a complete SVGA 4x tileset will be Awsome!

:D :D :D