Keen 6 Won't Work?

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
DarkSoul520
Meep

Keen 6 Won't Work?

Post by DarkSoul520 »

So ya, not sure what the deal is, as all the other Keen games have no problem running at all. I get a runtime error every time. It also comes up that Keen 6 is version -0.01?

I'm pretty sure I have the correct files:

audio.ck6
config.ck6
egagraph.ck6
gamemaps.ck6
KEEN6E.exe

Any help would be much appreciated.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Heh, not heard of that one before. Where did you get the files and how are you trying to load them?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I guess the question how is solved if you look at the forum this is posted in Keening_Product.

The question is still, which keen 6 files you are running. Have you tried loading them in dosbox, and if they run there can you see which version of Keen6 that is? That could help us, as well as telling us which version of CG you are using right now. (although I don't know of a Keen 6 version specific bug yet.)

My suggestions to solve it off hand would be a) downloading the latest CG build if you haven't and b) getting a fresh Keen 6 copy from bipship
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DarkSoul520
Meep

Post by DarkSoul520 »

tulip wrote:My suggestions to solve it off hand would be a) downloading the latest CG build if you haven't and b) getting a fresh Keen 6 copy from bipship
I grabbed version 1.4 off of bipship and that seemed to fix the problem.
I guess the exe I originally had was corrupt or something to that effect.

Thank you guys so much for the help!
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

tulip wrote:I guess the question how is solved if you look at the forum this is posted in Keening_Product.
That sounds painful for him... :p
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

We need support for the three-level demo...
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Easier said than done. Demo version sucks anyway but at least it is gratis, yeah...

By the way, HQP v2.2 has new Keen6 tunes. Give it a try!

https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?p=71546

And yeah a new release of CG is going to be there pretty soon. Still looking for bugs. No dosbox support yet, but I'm working on it and progress is going pretty well...

And yeah, thanks to some more testers I think it will be a more solid version, thing we really could have... :-)
Having fun developing stuff...
jack7
Grunt

Post by jack7 »

Hi everyone,

thanks to Commander Genius I play this game on my android phone, but I am wondering, that any version of Keen 6 is working. The application always fall down. Even with version 1.4 which is recomended. I tried all versions available on ZapZot Net (I don´t know if I can poost here a link) and not only from mentioned website.

Does anybody knows where is the problem?

Thanks

:birthday (this smiley is funny :D)
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

jack7 wrote:Hi everyone,

thanks to Commander Genius I play this game on my android phone, but I am wondering, that any version of Keen 6 is working. The application always fall down. Even with version 1.4 which is recomended. I tried all versions available on ZapZot Net (I don´t know if I can poost here a link) and not only from mentioned website.

You may have to Restart your Phone to clear some issue that my be lurking in the cache.

or Remove the content folder, restart your phone and try an import it again

Both have fixed this kind of nonsense i have encountered on my Nvidia Shield Devices (w Android)
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
jack7
Grunt

Post by jack7 »

Thanks, but it is not helping. I tried to even uninstall Comander Genius >:.
Zilem wrote:

You may have to Restart your Phone to clear some issue that my be lurking in the cache.

Both have fixed this kind of nonsense i have encountered on my Nvidia Shield Devices (w Android)
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

jack7 wrote:Thanks, but it is not helping. I tried to even uninstall Comander Genius >:.
Zilem wrote:

Hi jack7,

I will test that today. Pretty sure it is version 1.4 which works. Maybe there is another issue with the Android version. Is keen 6 at least detected? If yes it should work. If it crashes, then there most likely is a bug seen on Android which needs to be fixed.
Having fun developing stuff...
jack7
Grunt

Post by jack7 »

Yeah I can see it in the launcher normally under the Keen 5 even with main image from the game. But when I want to start the game few seconds I can see loading bar, but then the app crashes.
gerstrong wrote:
jack7 wrote:Thanks, but it is not helping. I tried to even uninstall Comander Genius >:.
Zilem wrote: You may have to Restart your Phone to clear some issue that my be lurking in the cache.

Hi jack7,

I will test that today. Pretty sure it is version 1.4 which works. Maybe there is another issue with the Android version. Is keen 6 at least detected? If yes it should work. If it crashes, then there most likely is a bug seen on Android which needs to be fixed.
jack7
Grunt

Post by jack7 »

OK, my fault. Its working! I used a CGA version before. With EGA version it is OK. It was false alarm, I am sorry.
gerstrong wrote:
Zilem wrote: You may have to Restart your Phone to clear some issue that my be lurking in the cache.

Hi jack7,