Weird Game

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Paramultart wrote: Image
That is terrifying
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I didn't know Trump was a Packers fan...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

:lol
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

MoffD wrote:
GoldenRishi wrote:with a 360 controller.
Just about anything can be made to work, but the results aren't always pleasant (Keen for example)
Get Xpadder, it's so great.

The one issue you may have is finding the drivers for the 360 controller in the first place, last time it was a royal pain in the ass to get...

But once you do have the 360 controller set up with your PC, get Xpadder and have a blast. I set mine up all kinds of ways for multiple games, and I also once set it up to serve as a mouse when I was too lazy to sit in my computer chair and use that. (Yeah I get THAT lazy.)
Formerly Boreas249.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

That Demon Blue game looks like dookie.

Also, the title screen gives me the heebyjeebies.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:
MoffD wrote:
GoldenRishi wrote:with a 360 controller.
Just about anything can be made to work, but the results aren't always pleasant (Keen for example)
Get Xpadder, it's so great.

The one issue you may have is finding the drivers for the 360 controller in the first place, last time it was a royal pain in the ass to get...

But once you do have the 360 controller set up with your PC, get Xpadder and have a blast. I set mine up all kinds of ways for multiple games, and I also once set it up to serve as a mouse when I was too lazy to sit in my computer chair and use that. (Yeah I get THAT lazy.)
Actually, Rayman works perfectly with my 360 controller, but I'll keep that in mind for other games. At some point, I'd also like to play around with Steam's new controllers, whenever they release that.
Paramultart wrote:
GoldenRishi wrote: Yeah, I tend to agree with that Youtuber's opinions on Monster Bash.
Sorry, but what's wrong with his statements? Monster Bash IS insanely hard, and not very straightforward. It might be a great game when you know what you're doing, but without that, it was counterintuitive and exceptionally difficult. (And I played a lot of hard games in my youth)

I'm not saying it's a terrible game, I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it personally because it seemed bizarrely difficult and the objectives weren't super clear. I also recall that ammo was really sparse, but it has been a long time since I've played that game.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

That Demon Blue game looks like dookie.

Also, the title screen gives me the heebyjeebies.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

GoldenRishi wrote: Sorry, but what's wrong with his statements? Monster Bash IS insanely hard, and not very straightforward.
I beat Monster Bash Episode 1 when I was four years old.
It is not hard at all if you play it for more than just the first level, like that pathetic loser FatTron did.
It might be a great game when you know what you're doing
It is an amazing game.
I'm not saying it's a terrible game, I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it personally because it seemed bizarrely difficult and the objectives weren't super clear.
Did you never read the level hints? The objectives were always insanely clear... Rescue all the pets. There's even a compass that directs you to the nearest pet.
I also recall that ammo was really sparse, but it has been a long time since I've played that game.
You literally have unlimited ammo in Monster Bash.

As for the weapon powerups, there are so many in the game that you rarely even get to finish using up your first powerup before you find another one.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I did watch a speedrun of Monster Bash last week. It was glorious.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Paramultart wrote:
GoldenRishi wrote: Sorry, but what's wrong with his statements? Monster Bash IS insanely hard, and not very straightforward.
I beat Monster Bash Episode 1 when I was four years old.
It is not hard at all if you play it for more than just the first level, like that pathetic loser FatTron did.
It might be a great game when you know what you're doing
It is an amazing game.
I'm not saying it's a terrible game, I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it personally because it seemed bizarrely difficult and the objectives weren't super clear.
Did you never read the level hints? The objectives were always insanely clear... Rescue all the pets. There's even a compass that directs you to the nearest pet.
I also recall that ammo was really sparse, but it has been a long time since I've played that game.
You literally have unlimited ammo in Monster Bash.

As for the weapon powerups, there are so many in the game that you rarely even get to finish using up your first powerup before you find another one.
Hmm, I might be thinking of a different game then. I do remember trying Monster Bash and not being a huge fan though, but it's been around a decade since I would have tried.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

GoldenRishi wrote: Hmm, I might be thinking of a different game then. I do remember trying Monster Bash and not being a huge fan though, but it's been around a decade since I would have tried.
Maybe you're thinking of Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage.

Now that game was too hard and confusing for me as a kid.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

MB is easy enough, I was older when I beat it, but mostly because it wasn't Keen and therefore not worth my utter devotion.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Paramultart wrote:
GoldenRishi wrote: Hmm, I might be thinking of a different game then. I do remember trying Monster Bash and not being a huge fan though, but it's been around a decade since I would have tried.
Maybe you're thinking of Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage.

Now that game was too hard and confusing for me as a kid.
Yes, I was thinking that might have been what I was remembering. I do seem to recall liking Halloween Harry's graphics and animation style.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Halloween Harry would have been cool if they kept the actual name "Halloween Harry" and used actual Halloween-esque monsters instead of stupid dumb aliens.