mind=blown

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

mind=blown

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Osm ... e_Mackerel

In my head, according to how technologically advanced each game was, I had a mental chronology that Cyan's series was released in this order: Spelunx->Cosmic Osmo->The Manhole->Myst.

However, according to the wiki page, the games were actually developed and released in this order: The Manhole->Cosmic Osmo->Spelunx.

What? How was something as shiny and scenic as the manhole made before 1989? :eek Was I playing a remastered edition or something? And spelunx seems to be the least ambitious of the bunch, even the colored version is small compared to the gigantic solar system of Cosmic Osmo. This is so weird and I can't imagine why the wikipedia page would lie to me when my brain's opinions know the truth.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I always liked Myst. Have you heard of Obduction? So glad Cyan is doing something beyond just Riven rehashes.

P.S. And yes, I'm turning this into a general "Cyan appreciation thread", unless there was somewhere else this thread was supposed to go :dopekeen
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Lava89 wrote:I always liked Myst. Have you heard of Obduction? So glad Cyan is doing something beyond just Riven rehashes.

P.S. And yes, I'm turning this into a general "Cyan appreciation thread", unless there was somewhere else this thread was supposed to go :dopekeen
I second this action! Yay for Cyan!

I can't wait for Obduction, the current climate of gaming really is the time for games like it and Myst to get its full appreciation. I'd like to know how the development is going on it but I can't seem to find anything about it besides the kickstarter.