Dangerous Dave stuff?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Just updating that the game has been available for 2 weeks for iPhone and iPad devices. Currently free to download as an ad-supported app, while an optional in-app purchase can remove them.

Mostly known to include a new remake, although there's also a screenshot showing a reimplementation of the DOS version is included with at least a few changes.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id888518362
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

So how is it?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

It plays exactly like the original Dangerous Dave... so like crap :)
Lunick is Here
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Lunick wrote:It plays exactly like the original Dangerous Dave... so like crap :)
Bulls hit! It's a completely new engine with some differences. Plus, you play on the phone which, by itself, is a different experience. Also, the original is a classic and not a crap.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

wiivn wrote:
Lunick wrote:It plays exactly like the original Dangerous Dave... so like crap :)
Bulls hit! It's a completely new engine with some differences. Plus, you play on the phone which, by itself, is a different experience. Also, the original is a classic and not a crap.
By "it plays exactly like the original Dangerous Dave" I mean "It still has awful controls". I still standby the game being crap though :)
Lunick is Here
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Lunick is Here
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Keening_Product wrote:He also listed like 10 languages it will be available in
Fourteen, actually, as it turns out. Inclusive of Irish - an unsual move but apt I suppose given where Romero actually lives now. I didn't see it at the time but it's a little bit mindblowing to see Dangerous Dave mentioned in the banal national media. Almost as mindblowing as the time circa 2000 when I heard KeenDreams mentioned on Irish national television (I believe the show was something called "Cyber Stream").

God I miss childhood