Inception

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite

Inception

Post by Bonevelous »

It was a pretty cool movie, but It's very easy to be confused by it. Anyone else who saw it? :)
Check out Flixxy the Fox: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6378

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

It was great, but really messed up. Kind of like Shutter Island.
I know I had more than one 'what the fucl' moments while watching it.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I liked it. I guess it's meant to be ambiguous, it seems there are several theories about what's happening in it (most of them plausible).
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

It was pretty good, the low gravity fight scene was pretty kick-ass. There was some confusion by the end for me concerning certain plot points, but it was a good, acceptable kind of confusion.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Yes!!!!, it's a very good movie unlike anything we've seen in a while. But I wasn't that impressed. And it wasn't what I expected. The action scenes are actually it's main flaw, especially those low gravity ones. It does have more layers than Memento, but I don't know why people are thinking that this dream-in-dream idea is so original. Never thought of that before? Should watch it one more time though, but I'm not really keen on it.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't think dream-in-dream is that mind-bending (I have those every few mornings) but the stuff about creating dream scapes and getting someone else to fill them with their mind, are the strong points. :) And I like the idea (whether it's true or not) that there's an inception going on to get Cobb's mind changed instead, and the Fischer episode is to make it happen so that he won't realize it (so that the idea won't get rejected). Not sure whether there's enough to support that theory, but it's a nice one anyway.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

The top fell over at the end.
End of discussion. >:
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

I am DYING :dead2 to see this movie, but alas, I'm just a poor college student... :bloody
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Paramultart wrote:The top fell over at the end.
End of discussion. >:
AHAHAHA
ahem
I think maybe the power company that hired him actually didn't have the power to negate his charges. (They were the last small resistance to what's-his-name's company, you know.) So they hooked him to a dream machine while he was sleeping and let him think he'd been rewarded.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

It was a great movie, a bit overhyped though..
Didn't expect it to be a hardcoreactionamericanstyle-movie. :(
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Certainly didn't seem to be an action movie to me. There were only something like four brief fight scenes, most of it was plot.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Only bad plot inconsistency was whether the kick was something you administered from above (as the chair demonstrations seemed to indicate) or from the same level (as evidenced by their bringing dynamite down to the third level, or for that matter killing themselves off in limbo, although who knows how limbo might be different).

On the whole, I liked it quite a bit, especially combined with this particular soundtrack.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Good catch. The only plot hole I noticed was that the freefall went down from the van to the hotel but not to the snow fortress.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Just saw it for the first time. garg was cash. Easy enough to understand and predict the ending etc. though.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."