Fucl you, 2016!!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Fucl you, 2016!!

Post by KeenRush »

This year truly has been one of the worst, ever. It just keeps on giving: I just heard the news that our family cat was put to sleep because it fell really ill during the night, lost its vision and ability to walk/etc, the vet thought it was brain-based, a tumor or something... :( RIP.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Re: Fucl you, 2016!!

Post by ScarletFlame »

This year has been both the best year and the worst year. We lost so many good friends, and made some new enemies. Really unfortunate.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I feel this an appropriate time to enlighten you all to the existence of the bounenkai.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C5%8Dnenkai

We need one of these.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Why am I not surprised that Japan has those? Quit being so relatably depressing Japanese! > :C

(on a side note, the smiley insert buttons are broken for me)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Hmm that bounenkai doesn't sound an awful lot different to what I do in Ireland... it usually involves a bottle of port, a few cigars, and the worst chat shows that British and Irish television can throw at us. All whilst lamenting/ begrudging/ ridiculing all that has let up to New Years Eve.

Sorry about your cat, KeenRush. A cat is truly a valuable presence in the home, often coexisting with people through their most formative years. My household never went in for pets but hopefully if one day I establish one of my own, there will be a cat and a doggie.

Regarding 2016, of all the celeb deaths I really feel most affected by Carrie Fisher there. Star Wars in its original form truly laid the foundation for the love of the sci fi idiom that made Commander Keen so appealing to me. It's especially sad given that we were right in the middle of a reprise of the series.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Benvolio wrote:Hmm that bounenkai doesn't sound an awful lot different to what I do in Ireland... it usually involves a bottle of port, a few cigars, and the worst chat shows that British and Irish television can throw at us. All whilst lamenting/ begrudging/ ridiculing all that has let up to New Years Eve.
I approve of this. I also think I need to find my way to Ireland.

Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well, I just got back from 2017 (slight time travel incident.) and hoo boy... you think this year was bad? You are REALLY not going to like what happens next...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Yeah, probably. My personal guess is that Russia will annex (Trumplandia not caring) everything east of Germany and it's language school for me... Comrades. And a nuclear war before the end of the year... >:
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

2016 more like David Bowie's creating a new world and bringing all the cool people with him.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

ScarletFlame wrote:2016 more like David Bowie's creating a new world and bringing all the cool people with him.
'Well there hasn't been a proper Keen sequel in almost quarter of a century. I'm calling quits, whose with me?'
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Levellass wrote: 'Well there hasn't been a proper Keen sequel in almost quarter of a century. I'm calling quits, whose with me?'
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

for me 2017 has been plagued by sickness, I have had so much time off work, I'm kicking myself, back during Easter I was off for 6 long weeks and that's not the end of it, BRING ON 2018!, I just want it to be over with!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

2017 has been full of suckage in ways 2016 only dreamed of.

Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

"Oh, oh what was that? Worst year ever? Couldn't possibly get worse? Historically horrible? I mean hey, no plagues right? No global wars or massive famines but oh my, oh my, that guy who did music died; it's the end of the world!

And oh hey! Possible nuclear war! THAT'D sure wreck 2018... and 19... quite a few years after that in fact! Guess perhaps I wasn't so bad after all huh? Maybe you've just got yourself into a crudhole you can't claw yourselves out of? D'YA MISS ME NOW? HUH? WHO'S SO HORRIBLE NOW WORLD?!"

~2016

"Oh hey, leave me outta this. Trust me... you don't wanna know."

~2018
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Levellass wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 "Oh, oh what was that? Worst year ever? Couldn't possibly get worse? Historically horrible? I mean hey, no plagues right? No global wars or massive famines but oh my, oh my, that guy who did music died; it's the end of the world!

And oh hey! Possible nuclear war! THAT'D sure wreck 2018... and 19... quite a few years after that in fact! Guess perhaps I wasn't so bad after all huh? Maybe you've just got yourself into a crudhole you can't claw yourselves out of? D'YA MISS ME NOW? HUH? WHO'S SO HORRIBLE NOW WORLD?!"

~2016

"Oh hey, leave me outta this. Trust me... you don't wanna know."

~2018
If you want nuclear war. you only have to beg for it from one of two people, Kim Jong Un or Donald Trump, the two aggressive people who are not far from triggering World War Three, I'd never thought I see the day but then again I could be wrong
They said it'd never come, we knew it was a lie
All forms of life die now, the humans all succumb
Time to kiss your ass goodbye, the end has just begun, Set The World Afire- Megadeth, So Far, So Good, So What? 1988
Appears that Dave Mustaine might be right about World War Three, Even if the song is nearly 30 years old!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!