another new member here

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

Benvolio wrote:
Bubzrulz wrote:yous
Are you from Ireland??
I'm Australian.. I really need read what i post before i post it lol
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I suspected you might be Australian by your turn of phrase and posting time ha. Welcome, you are part of what is probably the second largest nationality majority on the PCKF.

Which state are you in?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

...maybe from the anti-punctuation-mark-society? who knows...
Bubzrulz wrote:ok i've updated the level in dropbox same file name all i need to work out now is how to link the doors right if u find little things let me know
for a better linker visualization in abiathar, simply press the "K" button on your keyboard and draw/point some lines.

one word about those keyholders + gates: there isn't actually any limit in heights. the only important thing to notice is the pointers position. it should be placed at the very top of that gate.
again a quick side by side comparison:

Image <-- before & after --> Image
Last edited by Nisaba on Mon Oct 22, 2018 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
out now (link) : Image
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

[quote="Nisaba"]

one word about those keyholders + gates: there isn't actually any limit in heights. the only important thing to notice is the pointers position. it should be placed at the very top of that gate.
again a quick side by side comparison:

cheers mate that was my next mod to it i worked out there was no limit

here is my linking problem the left is mine right is how its done what have i been doing wrong i have being using pressing K so i can see what I'm doing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uox38c8vypfox ... e.png?dl=0 what I"ve done just makes it exit the level
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

Keening_Product wrote:I suspected you might be Australian by your turn of phrase and posting time ha. Welcome, you are part of what is probably the second largest nationality majority on the PCKF.

Which state are you in?
NSW mate
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Bubzrulz wrote: cheers mate that was my next mod to it i worked out there was no limit

here is my linking problem the left is mine right is how its done what have i been doing wrong i have being using pressing K so i can see what I'm doing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uox38c8vypfox ... e.png?dl=0 what I"ve done just makes it exit the level
the upper building is missing some pointers, so the game takes Keen to the top left of the level, which means winning it.
what you wanna do is add also some pointers from the top to the bottom (outdoors to indoors).
let's do this step by step (very left = what is, very right = what should be):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Nisaba on Mon Oct 22, 2018 23:18, edited 2 times in total.
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

Nisaba wrote:
Bubzrulz wrote: cheers mate that was my next mod to it i worked out there was no limit

the upper building is missing some pointers, so the game takes Keen to the top left of the level, which means winning it.
what you wanna do is add also some pointers from the top to the bottom (outdoors to indoors).
let's do this step by step (very left = what is, very right = what should be):
ahh i still cant do it right ;(
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Bubzrulz wrote:ahh i still cant do it right ;(
describe your difficulties in more detail, please.
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

Nisaba wrote:
Bubzrulz wrote:ahh i still cant do it right ;(
describe your difficulties in more detail, please.
At a guess not right or left clicking on mouse the right way or place
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Bubzrulz wrote:At a guess not right or left clicking on mouse the right way or place
try this:
  • open up abiathar
  • navigate to your level of choice
  • press "L" (or navigate to "View/Links") to make those yellow-rendered-linker-lines visible (only if they weren't beforhand)
  • press "K" (or navigate to "Tools/Linker").
    on the bottom right of abiathar should be a text displayed saying "Linker".
    now your linker is activated.
  • left-click on a door for the starting point of this linker.
    on the bottom right of abiathar there should be a text displayed by now, telling you the exact location: "Starting link from (X,Y)"
  • left-click again an the ending location.
    a yellow rendered line should appear.leave the
  • press "ESC" to return from your Linker to your Tile Placer Tool
    and done!
  • if you messed something up simply press "Z" for undo (or "Edit/Undo").
  • to delete a certain link (@fleexy this isn't very intuitive) press "C" (or "Tools/Copier"), copy any infoplane near by (with your left mouse button), head over to the infoplane you wanna delete, point your mouse on it and finally press the right mouse button. just like a eraser.
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

no still get him falling threw the window, at least he gets there ill learn it latter
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

well... update your uploaded file and I'll have a look.
in the meantime check fleex' tutorial on abiathar about doors (minute 10m46s // 21m58s):youtube.com/Modding-Keen-with-Abiathar
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Nisaba's diagrams are correct. A door link points to where Keen's feet come out. A keyholder link points to the top of the openable wall. (In Abiathar, the start of a link is a large open box and the target/end of a link is a smaller solid square.) It may help to enable the grid if you're not sure where to click: press Y or choose View | Grid.

Since links are just infoplane values, you can delete them by placing the zero infoplane tile over them. This can be done with the Copier, or you can use the standard Tile Placer for more finesse. (Press Escape to return to the Tile Placer.) With only the infoplane active, right-click a spot with no infoplane value to pick up a zero, then left-click the spot you want to clear. Alternatively, you can pick the first tile from the infoplane palette.

Tip for advanced users (or users making cool diagrams): if you press the semicolon key while holding your mouse over a link source or target, all links involved in that spot change color. Press Shift+; to clear all the link highlights in the current level. Also interesting is that the apostrophe key copies the link target value for the spot under the mouse to the infoplane tile bay.

Let me know if you have any questions; happy modding!
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

this is what ive been working on very early days big bug ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b53gaqvgg26hh ... n.zip?dl=0

here is some patches ive used

Code: Select all

%patch $7AB7 $90 $90 = no need used A2ENTER ( finished game probably have %patch $7ABE $EB
= nocheats)

%patch $5CC7  $7A6AW $0001W = one live

%patch $5CCD $7A58W $0003W =3 ammo

%patch $DD91 $0E40W= score box on the right 

%patch $5CBB $7A68W $0002W =Start on level 2

%patch $6B1E $FF $06 $7A20W  $90 $90 $90  No world map patches .. need  start level patch to be last level added
%patch $6B31 $A1 $7A20W  $A3 $7A68W 
%patch $6B3D $EB $0A

%patch $6AE4  $7A5EW  $01 $74 save one council member to win
but when he gose to level 2 its like he in world map keens graphic and wont let you talk to the council member.. little demo of whats to come and easys to get help this way .. i also left the abiathar project file there so u can edit way to fix it haha no really just like to know how to fix it
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

Bubzrulz wrote:this is what ive been working on very early days big bug ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b53gaqvgg26hh ... n.zip?dl=0

here is some patches ive used

Code: Select all

%patch $7AB7 $90 $90 = no need used A2ENTER ( finished game probably have %patch $7ABE $EB
= nocheats)

%patch $5CC7  $7A6AW $0001W = one live

%patch $5CCD $7A58W $0003W =3 ammo

%patch $DD91 $0E40W= score box on the right 

%patch $5CBB $7A68W $0002W =Start on level 2

%patch $6B1E $FF $06 $7A20W  $90 $90 $90  No world map patches .. need  start level patch to be last level added
%patch $6B31 $A1 $7A20W  $A3 $7A68W 
%patch $6B3D $EB $0A

%patch $6AE4  $7A5EW  $01 $74 save one council member to win
but when he gose to level 2 its like he in world map keens graphic and wont let you talk to the council member.. little demo of whats to come and easys to get help this way .. i also left the abiathar project file there so u can edit way to fix it haha no really just like to know how to fix it
FIX USED THE WRONG SPRITE BEST THING I WORKED IT OUT MYSELF