Ask an American!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

Is this stupid?

Yes
13%
No
20%
BANANA
67%

Total votes: 15

MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Levellass wrote:Why, why WHY do you vote on Teusdays?
I voted early on Saturday :crazy

I don't even football. An football is not me.

On a side note, there's also Japanese culture and other Asian culture which seems to have had a similar influence.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

This is why pollsters are always wrong.

I can see it now:

"Bob, you did remember to remove the "BANANA" option alongside Trump and Clinton on the pollster cheat sheet, right?"
"Uh, no."
*bangs head on table*
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

ScarletFlame wrote:You shouldn't be too hard on yourselves, the US has a really influential culture for a good reason, it's where everything is.
Huh... what?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I voted "BANANA", pretending that it's actually "Cereal".
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Banana is the Trump's Cereal.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Keening_Product wrote:
ScarletFlame wrote:You shouldn't be too hard on yourselves, the US has a really influential culture for a good reason, it's where everything is.
Huh... what?
What do you mean what? There's a lot of things you can do in America, and there's a lot of people there too. No one should hate themselves for living in that culture, or really any culture. There's no need to apologize and say "Ahaha yeah we're Americans are dumb" or something like that.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

My confusion was over the last thing your said, that America is where everything is.

And the cultural domination is due to power - quality has nothing to do with it.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

You can't ask an American anything about Australia, because they know nothing about us, really annoying fact is that you can't even purchase Vegemite in the states and a while ago you weren't even allowed to take it inside the country, probably due to the fact there was some stupid American girl comparing Vegemite to racism among the indigenous population of Australia when Vegemite is just as Aussie you can get, just goes to prove that America knows nothing about us!

For my American Friends who don't know what I'm talking about

EDIT: more evidence to back my claim that Americans know nothing about Australian Culture

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -rant.html

You can't use the word racist to describe something or someone who or which is black, what happened to equal treatment and equal rights regardless of race?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Wow. I didn't even know vegemite existed.

That woman represents what is wrong with the "anti-racist" culture these days. It went from being a noble cause in the early days to having a sick need to "discover" racism in stupid things like the color of a certain food.

But I don't claim to know anything at all about Australian culture.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

keenmaster486 wrote:Wow. I didn't even know vegemite existed.

That woman represents what is wrong with the "anti-racist" culture these days. It went from being a noble cause in the early days to having a sick need to "discover" racism in stupid things like the color of a certain food.

But I don't claim to know anything at all about Australian culture.
then my friend perhaps you should immerse yourself with a bit of Aussie culture, I myself are tru-blu Aussie, I was even born here, I have been lucky to have been born and raised Aussie, I even consider myself lucky to be born Aussie rather than American, Australians tend to be more caring and considerate than our American friends, we also consider ourself's to be more luckier than Americans

EDIT: You could always visit Australia in future and learn what we're like unless your a ignorant Republican and believe all the lies and misinformation that the GOP makes up about us, they only tell you what they want you to know about health care and gun control, the GOP does not want to tell you that Australia has excelled in these subjects where as of the United States has failed!
Up yours Fleexy!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Rorie wrote:
then my friend perhaps you should immerse yourself with a bit of Aussie culture, I myself are tru-blu Aussie, I was even born here, I have been lucky to have been born and raised Aussie, I even consider myself lucky to be born Aussie rather than American, Australians tend to be more caring and considerate than our American friends, we also consider ourself's to be more luckier than Americans

EDIT: You could always visit Australia in future and learn what we're like unless your a ignorant Republican and believe all the lies and misinformation that the GOP makes up about us, they only tell you what they want you to know about health care and gun control, the GOP does not want to tell you that Australia has excelled in these subjects where as of the United States has failed!
Can you please not turn this into an Aussie rant for your country? As a counter point: I have known about vegemite for most of my life, and while I have never tasted it (yes, it is hard to get here, I've been looking) I don't see how that makes your country better somehow. I doubt you've tried some particular foods here, and any American who visits Australia is highly likely to try vegemite anyway.

Edit: As this is the "Ask an American" thread, lets rephrase your post into something more platatable:
Have you ever tried Vegemite or know what it is? Have you ever been to Australia and what do you think of Australian politics? I know that this is a bit snide, but you rustled my proverbial jimmies.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I haven't tried Vegemite, BUT I've tried Marmite and I quite enjoy it. I was going to try Vegemite but before I had the chance I split with the wonderful Aussie lady I was dating.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

MoffD wrote:
Rorie wrote:

Can you please not turn this into an Aussie rant for your country? As a counter point: I have known about vegemite for most of my life, and while I have never tasted it (yes, it is hard to get here, I've been looking) I don't see how that makes your country better somehow. I doubt you've tried some particular foods here, and any American who visits Australia is highly likely to try vegemite anyway.

Edit: As this is the "Ask an American" thread, lets rephrase your post into something more platatable:
Have you ever tried Vegemite or know what it is? Have you ever been to Australia and what do you think of Australian politics? I know that this is a bit snide, but you rustled my proverbial jimmies.
Since you are attempting to undermine my right to free speech by criticizing my right to criticize America, I take it that you've been brainwashed by the republicans yourself, hell, you probably even voted for Trump! Your day of reckoning is around the corner, Trump's attack on America will happen, he makes no mistake of that and you will have to live with 4 years of hell before you receive a chance to vote him out, once again Republicans, Liberals, TRAITORS! they are all out to destroy the US and Australia by effectively signing all our death warrants!

EDIT: Besides America boasts itself to be the best country in the world, when in fact neither the US & Australia are the best 2 nations to live in, yes we all both have our problems, but the US has far more problems than Australia does, for instance the US is too far gone when it's comes to the national debt clock, I mean it is always rising, in Australia we have always made it a priority to pay off any debt whereas in America congress has to keep raising it's credit card limit to simply keep functioning, if it wasn't for the US creditors including Australia we would have allowed the US to declare itself bankrupt and that would have massive repercussions for the world economy
Up yours Fleexy!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Rorie wrote: Since you are attempting to undermine my right to free speech by criticizing my right to criticize America, I take it that you've been brainwashed by the republicans yourself, hell, you probably even voted for Trump! Your day of reckoning is around the corner, Trump's attack on America will happen, he makes no mistake of that and you will have to live with 4 years of hell before you receive a chance to vote him out, once again Republicans, Liberals, TRAITORS! they are all out to destroy the US and Australia by effectively signing all our death warrants!
Oh, I thought I was trying to stay on topic :'( FORGIB ME.
Edit: I know... I shouldn't... sorry

@nanomekia Where'd you find marmite? I'd like to try it too.
Last edited by MoffD on Wed Nov 16, 2016 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Rorie, get off my thread. You're not adding anything constructive to the conversation.

MoffD is not "undermining your right to free speech". He just pointed out that your post was off-topic.