Ask an American!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

Is this stupid?

Yes
13%
No
20%
BANANA
67%

Total votes: 15

Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Cringemas (n) A recursive holiday phenomenon in which someone invents Cringemas by asking what Cringemas is.

See also: Shudder Claus
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

thanks bro
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Australia will have blood on it's hands and the Liberal Party to blame, if the inevitable happens and our credit rating is cut

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-13/a ... ek/8117224

Our course blame Labor but mind us Labor left Australia in a much better position than what we're in now and increased daily borrowing by an extra $900 million when in fact Labor was borrowing $900 million less

Our elected parliamentarians created this mess, Australia expects the parliament to fix these problems that have been created, it is time that all sides of politics owned up and admitted that these problems have been created by reckless borrowing and started working together as a united parliament and found ways to pay back debt otherwise our credit rating will be lower than AAA in the years to come, are the Liberals and the ALP really that stupid to send Australia bankrupt just like the U.S is?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

keenmaster486 wrote:This thread is for Rorie et al to talk about Australia so my Ask an American thread doesn't get clogged with Aussie politics any more.

Rorie, I'm not against talking about Australia and I don't want to shut you up. In fact, I rather enjoy your posts - just not in the American thread because they don't belong there. This is just all part of being a responsible and respectful forum user.
What?, you think I going to let you get away with your silly little topic?

Think Again, Fool!
Up yours Fleexy!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Rorie, this is a warning, your behavior in this thread is unacceptable.  You're being  disruptive to the topic and antagonistic to your fellow forum members.

This thread is for asking Americans questions: about their country, culture or themselves as Americans.  No one is telling you that the American perspectives and/or opinions within are the way you should view the world too.

If you would like to talk about Australia, about Australia's relationship with the USA, or even what you think is wrong with the USA, you can start your own thread about it as long as you show basic respect to your fellow forum members, even if you think they're wrong
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Ceilick wrote:Rorie, this is a warning, your behavior in this thread is unacceptable.  You're being  disruptive to the topic and antagonistic to your fellow forum members.

This thread is for asking Americans questions: about their country, culture or themselves as Americans.  No one is telling you that the American perspectives and/or opinions within are the way you should view the world too.

If you would like to talk about Australia, about Australia's relationship with the USA, or even what you think is wrong with the USA, you can start your own thread about it as long as you show basic respect to your fellow forum members, even if you think they're wrong
As I mentioned already I rather risk a ban than give into traitors that is unless you too are one I dare ya to pull the pin, I really do!, because I ain't gonna change for you, I ain't gonna change for nobody that includes U.S Republicans who refuse to understand what they're doing to their own country

Australia 1, USA 0!

In Fact Australia will still be around long after the best country in the world who you refer to the U.S (garg!) is gone!

If you are going to ban me why don't you just do it, and while you're at it, why not block my proxy to make my banishment permanent, because I will never give into traitors!
Up yours Fleexy!
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Rorie, there are no "traitors" here trying to bring down you, or Australia, or the USA, or anything else. Take a week to cool down, you're way out of line.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Anyhoo... Anyone have some questions, other than this self answering sentence?
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Not a question, but answer to a question that hasn't even been asked, because apparently this is A Thing on the internets these days.

Yes, American lemonade is non-carbonated lemon juice sweetened with insane amounts of sugar.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I thought lemonade came in carbonated and uncarbonated versions around the world?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Is it true that you microwave water to heat it? :barf
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

I'm American. An electric kettle was one of the first appliances I ever bought. Guilty of microwaving water in college though :o
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Keening_Product wrote:I thought lemonade came in carbonated and uncarbonated versions around the world?
Apparently what folks outside good old MURICA call lemonade is what we MURICANs call lemon-lime soda. Apparently.
ScarletFlame wrote:Is it true that you microwave water to heat it? :barf
Only the heathens. Some of us own a kettle, like me and Ceilick. :P
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Microwaving water: because tea exploding in your face when you drink it should be a thing.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Only if you use very clean cups.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.