OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by keenmaster486 »

Well, France is still France.

But seriously though, did anyone really think that France of all places would elect a far-right president? That can happen in other places in the West but France? Not at all likely.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I was under the impression that Le Pen was not far-right, but had more leftist leanings coupled with nationalism and strong borders. But I guess that makes 0 sense. Oh well. I really hope that in the coming years, things will change for the better. And that France becomes more.....er... enriched.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Observe. Splint.

Have obviously had my surgery - now am stuck in this for two weeks, then a cast for a month. I want my hand back! */whinge*
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

nanomekia wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 19:53 Image

Observe. Splint.

Have obviously had my surgery - now am stuck in this for two weeks, then a cast for a month. I want my hand back! */whinge*

:O Dang! :eek
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

keenmaster486 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 18:36 Well, France is still France.

But seriously though, did anyone really think that France of all places would elect a far-right president? That can happen in other places in the West but France? Not at all likely.
I'm going to assume you don't follow much French politics. It certainly wasn't impossible, just rather unlikely.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Keening_Product wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 22:18 I'm going to assume you don't follow much French politics. It certainly wasn't impossible, just rather unlikely.
That's what I was saying... of course nothing is impossible. A conservative winning the U.S. presidency is not at all unlikely, but in France you'd be much safer betting on the moderate or the liberal every time.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Ok since this is whinge whinge topic, i will put in my two cents

I have had this silly cold for nearly 5 weeks and I want my life back!

With all due respect it is winter here is the southern hemisphere, and when the winter flu spreads across Australia, it spreads ferociously!
I was booked to have my free winter flu jab expect now it has been cancelled until I recover, Actually that's a lie, I had paid for a jab but my family GP says he will do it for free, so I had my AU$10.99 refunded from chemist warehouse, he is skeptical about the cheap shot'a origin, could be from china and we all know what communist china is famous for? cheap fake goods!, I mean china is fast becoming a developing economy, incomes are rising and yet no sign of democratic elections being called or a shift towards democracy, China has to make a choice from being a rich country with democratic values or continue the wrong path with communism, China can't be wealthy with communism controlling everything!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Trade you the wrist for the cold, Rorie. :P

chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Are you sure it's not something more serious? I thought I had a cold roughly a month ago, my GP did a swab test and it turned out I had mild Whooping Cough. It's probably nothing but it doesn't hurt to have a look.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

chrissifniotis wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 6:39 Are you sure it's not something more serious? I thought I had a cold roughly a month ago, my GP did a swab test and it turned out I had mild Whooping Cough. It's probably nothing but it doesn't hurt to have a look.
I went to visit the GP 2 times in 1 week, The First Visit, it was the cold had a medical certificate made up, The Second Visit Lung Infection, Prescribed Antibiotics, took script to pharmacy, paid the A$6.30 for the PBS listed medication. had another certificate made up. and finally after all this, I am showing signs of improvement, I have an RDO the upcoming Monday, just waiting for the excessive nose blowing to stop and when that occurs, I should be well enough to return to work, it has been 5 weeks, I better bloody be over this soon!
Up yours Fleexy!
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Rorie wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 With all due respect it is winter here is the southern hemisphere, and when the winter flu spreads across Australia, it spreads ferociously!
Australia: even their flu is more dangerous than its counterparts in the rest of the world!
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

candyjack wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 14:48
Rorie wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 With all due respect it is winter here is the southern hemisphere, and when the winter flu spreads across Australia, it spreads ferociously!
Australia: even their flu is more dangerous than its counterparts in the rest of the world!
And still every flu season, we have difficultly keeping up with it in means of new vaccines to fight the new strains!
Back to the subject of my GP, I want to do the right thing by paying for the shot but still he said because he normally always has a large supply and I am on disability benefits he offered to vaccinate me for free, I can afford the cost but like all medical practitioners they are all very much wealthy and by him offering it for free, just shows that he has a heart and I ain't gonna say no!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

That's heartwarming to hear, mate. :) Always good when you get a GP who will go just that little bit farther than they have to.

Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

OK making a keen level challenges are fun, but what about drawing/photoshop/mock up challenges? For example, here's some keen stuff, make something with it. Will there be enough people to participate?