Keen 6 Mini-MOD: Aliens Ate My Babysitter ...Again

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

Base of Unknown has me ???????

That message at the top? Those doors I can't seem to get to? Hmm I must try again...

I'm not quite sure how I got to this level. I had just bombed out on The Blog Labs and I was about to go back to the ship when I accidentally ran across the dirt to be picked up by the satellite...
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

Any more hints to reach the super secret level?

I just sat on Base Of Unknown searching around for hours to no avail. Below where Commander Keen starts off is some weird symbol on the ground. Does that have any relevance? Above the 1ups??A previous poster says 3-5 non trivial steps?? I can't work this out. Any hints?
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

yount wrote:Any more hints to reach the super secret level?

I just sat on Base Of Unknown searching around for hours to no avail. Below where Commander Keen starts off is some weird symbol on the ground. Does that have any relevance? Above the 1ups??A previous poster says 3-5 non trivial steps?? I can't work this out. Any hints?
Hey yount,

Start by looking for the usual kind of hidden places. One of these may lead to one of the doors, although in a way combining a couple of tricks.
After you do reach the door, it worths to recall the message you've seen in the same level.
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

NY00123 wrote:
yount wrote:Any more hints to reach the super secret level?

Hey yount,

Start by looking for the usual kind of hidden places. One of these may lead to one of the doors, although in a way combining a couple of tricks.
After you do reach the door, it worths to recall the message you've seen in the same level.
Thanks NY00123,

I'm enjoying discovering new things in this game, and am glad cheats are off. But arghhh, so frustrating, so hard. In Base Of Unknown there are a lot of skinny walls so one figures it musn't be too hard to find... yet...

Good, so at least I'm sure the super secret is in the secret level (BOU).

I'm going to go back, (play this on Easy level this time) and search again.

Again, thanks for the reply, I completely gave up last night and even started mucking around with level editing instead.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

yount wrote:Thanks NY00123,

I'm enjoying discovering new things in this game, and am glad cheats are off. But arghhh, so frustrating, so hard. In Base Of Unknown there are a lot of skinny walls so one figures it musn't be too hard to find... yet...
Truly, maybe you've seen that the cheats are disabled in order to avoid potential spoilers from being revealed to you in an unintended way. Given the time passed since the release of AAMBA, though, I guess these can be enabled again...
Good, so at least I'm sure the super secret is in the secret level (BOU).
Even if it weren't, you'd still like to reach any of the doors, right? :)
The difficulty shouldn't have an effect on the ability to get through these secrets.
Again, thanks for the reply, I completely gave up last night and even started mucking around with level editing instead.
You're welcome. And yeah, I agree it is frustrating if nothing is found after searching for quite long...
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

NY00123 wrote: Even if it weren't, you'd still like to reach any of the doors, right? :)
The difficulty shouldn't have an effect on the ability to get through these secrets.
But how to reach the doors? hmmm, I am still looking. I'm trying to pogo off the switch to maybe find a hidden little grab ledge above. There's some space in the ceiling on the upper far left of the level, on the lower right is a high but narrow secret ceiling. I can't seem to find any more.... >:

And I was thinking Easy difficulty level because Keen is able to pogo much higher and jump with what seems to me to be more "airtime" at this level. Worth a shot.

Still no success...
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

yount wrote:But how to reach the doors? hmmm, I am still looking. I'm trying to pogo off the switch to maybe find a hidden little grab ledge above. There's some space in the ceiling on the upper far left of the level, on the lower right is a high but narrow secret ceiling. I can't seem to find any more.... >:

And I was thinking Easy difficulty level because Keen is able to pogo much higher and jump with what seems to me to be more "airtime" at this level. Worth a shot.

Still no success...
I can tell that it is possible to access the super secret level and reach the doors while playing on the hardest difficulty.

So, you've found a few secrets. Not a new thing but that's already good! Now, ledge grabbing is one thing; But maybe you can try something different... well, possibly more than one such thing...
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

Arghh, I'll get this. Going in for another crack...
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

I have no idea!
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

I'm holding on to gems hoping to somehow get down to that lower left slot or whatever it is, I am pressing up behind every archway and secret in case of a hidden door, I am pressing down and jump behind every nook and cranny (like the secret level in Keen 5,) I am grabbing for ledges oh how I have done every edge... I need another prod in the right direction.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

yount wrote:I'm holding on to gems hoping to somehow get down to that lower left slot or whatever it is, I am pressing up behind every archway and secret in case of a hidden door, I am pressing down and jump behind every nook and cranny (like the secret level in Keen 5,) I am grabbing for ledges oh how I have done every edge... I need another prod in the right direction.
Maybe it would help if you think in the following way. There are doors that you may enter with the Up key, floors you can fall through with Jump+Down (as used on the way to the Keen 5 secret level) and ledges to grab. What more may Keen do?
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

Mate I have no idea :dead

Just experimented for 1/2 an hour before shooting everything and every which way, pressing up and down-jump everywhere, I even tried holding onto my gems and jumping on the goplats in the middle of the level and trying to reverse back through the level without using gems (it doesn't work, the goplat spits you backwards but just not enough to dodge the slime.)

I always thought I was the Keen master but I have met my match with this mod.
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

NY00123 wrote:
-doors that you may enter with the Up key
-Jump+Down
-ledges to grab.

What more may Keen do?
hmmm

-shimmy on poles
-shoot in all directions
-wait (I tried waiting on that symbol (and shooting it!!) to no avail
-pogo
-flip switches
-look up or down
-put gems in slots
-die

*edit*

So does this require the IB trick or can it be done "legally"?
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

Yeah i've nutted this one out, but not without crossing to the darkside, mwuahaha :o

*EDIT* no hold the phone, he approaches one more door...
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

OH FFS :x