Keen 6 Mini-MOD: Aliens Ate My Babysitter ...Again

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

nope you're judged as a spambot for being a new member whose first posts bumped an old thread :p
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
timmy2160
Grunt

Post by timmy2160 »

LOL
finally i got this done...but have yet to find the secret levels
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

timmy2160 wrote:LOL
finally i got this done...but have yet to find the secret levels
I can't wait for the thrilling conclusion.

But yeah, welcome new member!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: mod

Post by Syllypryde »

timmy2160 wrote:damn im stuck on dome of evil.. playing on easy
help anyone?
You need to tell us where you are stuck so we can help you out.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
timmy2160
Grunt

Post by timmy2160 »

at the moment im trying to figure out how to enter the secret levels..would love for some clues :dopefish
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

sums it up pretty nicely, actually.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

timmy2160 wrote:at the moment im trying to figure out how to enter the secret levels..would love for some clues :dopefish
You mentioned you were stuck on the final level. That is where I was offering my help.

As for the secret levels, I will give you vague hints. The way to the first secret level Base of Unknown is the same as Blooglab Space Station in Keen 6, but with an added obstacle. You probably noticed it seems impossible to reach the satellite. Ceilick's mod of Keen 6 Dead in the Desert will provide the hint you need because the method in which you reach the submarine in Keen 8 is very similiar to how you reach the satellite in AAMBA. The hints to reach the second secret level The Blog Experimental Desert are found in the first secret level. Reaching the second secret level will require a few advanced Keen tricks and the Bloogstar Rocket passcard. On the worldmap on the way to the second secret level, you will find an additional surprise.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Uwe12
Grunt

Post by Uwe12 »

I'm just wandering for fun through this fine mod on easy. :)
At first I was confused to see areas that I cannot reach...did I miss some switches or such stuff?
Reading this thread I learned, that some areas are not accessible in some difficulties. What an interesting new idea! :)

But to my question: in Blog Tree Wall there is that giant babobba hopping around at the ceiling of the level.
I can shoot at that guy but it seems to have no effect besides he turn around hopping and spitting to my direction.
Can this creature be stunned?
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

no. those giant babobbas are bobbas.

they are immortal and giant pains to deal with. think of them as the K6 equiv of a weaker robo red or something.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Uwe12
Grunt

Post by Uwe12 »

Oh, how embarrassing! I think, I never played Keen 6 on hard! :o

I'm stuck and confused in the last level "Dome of Evil" in that lower section - a maze full of switches and electrodes.
Have to start that level again and keep an eye on the function of each switch.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Uwe12 wrote:Oh, how embarrassing! I think, I never played Keen 6 on hard! :o

I'm stuck and confused in the last level "Dome of Evil" in that lower section - a maze full of switches and electrodes.
Have to start that level again and keep an eye on the function of each switch.
In the bottom section the switches will open retractable bridges that will allow you access to other switches. Eventually, it will open up the extremely large rectractable bridge to allow you access to Molly. Be careful, she is guard by close to a dozen babobba's and one Bobba. By the way, you might notice a large room with queen vivas in it. Ignore it, they are unreachable and just for show.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Uwe12
Grunt

Post by Uwe12 »

Thank you, Syllypryde!
But meanwhile I managed the situation. If I remember it right, it gave access to a switch, that opened the gate to get to Molly.
My mistake was, that I did not think I can jump "backwards" underneath the maze. That is one drawback of the concept of "obviously" unreachable paths in AAMBA, one is mislead to give up too early and say "that's not passable in this difficulty".

The large amount of babobbas where no problem, since it is the last level there is no need to be economical with ammunition. :)
...I wonder what that gate left of Molly is good for, but could not reach it without "touching" Molly and so ending the game.

I was not able to find the rocket passcard (my first approach was meant to be an "easy walkthrough") and am currently looking in original CK6 where the passcard is hidden. Perhaps I will then find the corresponding loction in AAMBA.
...I also have to reread your hints about the secret areas earlier in this thread. :)
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Uwe12 wrote:Thank you, Syllypryde!.........
You are welcome.
.........I wonder what that gate left of Molly is good for, but could not reach it without "touching" Molly and so ending the game
Using the clip cheat, I figured out what the door is and it does nothing. NY00123 added it there for decoration for whatever reason. That is also true for the door right next to the Blogstar Rocket passcard when you eventually find it.
I was not able to find the rocket passcard (my first approach was meant to be an "easy walkthrough") and am currently looking in original CK6 where the passcard is hidden. Perhaps I will then find the corresponding loction in AAMBA.
...I also have to reread your hints about the secret areas earlier in this thread. :)
Yes, re-read my past posts concerning the secret levels. You will find the blogstar Rocket passcard there.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

In The Lava Cave....

Just to the left of the pink gem slot and down there is a red bloog and then further left are 3 platforms. The lowest is a "one way" wrong way. The middle requires an A switch. The top has a black gem and a babboba (that will sometimes jump down at you.)

On the HARD difficulty level, there is no platform and even with my soaring pogo and jump-n-twist-n-grab skills I cannot reach the black gem....

unless I use the Impossible Bullet trick.

Is it possible to get up there by yourself, on hard level?

(BTW I love this game! It's gotta be almost impossible to beat without load/save on hard!)
Last edited by yount on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18, edited 1 time in total.
yount
Grunt

Post by yount »

People of earth.

I am entirely stuck on The Blog Labs - Hard difficulty.

You start the level, you go up, you catch a ride across the green slime, shimmy up the pole, jump left and catch the other pole, slide down, go up but....

Commander Keen can go no further because there is one of those tongue ticklers there. (Not the first one either - the second one guarding the upper red platform and a couple of sodas.

HELP!!

EDIT: I have done it! Man it gets even harder! There's a tickler a little along that I must have done the jump and shoot a hundred times before I got it right. I haven't found any secret levels yet but I I just had a brain movement and there's a few things I didn't try so when I complete this game I may have to go back and experiment...