Need one normal level editor ubuntu LTS 14.04 or Dosbox

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

@suraku10, @linux useres:
The Keen Galaxy Level Editor The Omegamatic (TOM) is working out of the box with WINE under Linux. Note: as it is standalone there is no installation needed. Just open it with the WINE program starter and everything should work just fine (did a couple of tests and have no complains whatsoever).

here you can find a little guide on how to use this program in general:
keenwiki/TOM

------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------
@everybody: by the way, the latest version I have is v.0.8. can anybody share the existing v.1.0, please? The official download link seems to be dead. (--> 0x27.com/downloads/tom.zip)

@lemm: you've already run it under WINE, didn't you? plz give us a feedback concerning the working flow.

@fleexy: hope you can manage a Abiathar workaround soon for a better performance and working flow under Linux. love your editor and looking forward using it under Linux more smoothly.
out now (link) : Image
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Nisaba wrote:is there also a third way of getting things started? anybody?
Sure. Just read the documentation on the ModdingWiki and then write your own level editor (for Linux). 8)
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

this link might be helpful as well:
keenmodding.org/Modding outside of Windows

and if you are up for some Vorticon Level editing (Keen1-3), don't miss to check this tool with the help of the WINE program starter:
shikadi.net/keenwiki/KeenWright

ok, ok, everybody. I'm convinced. I'm gonna write (some day) a wiki page with all Modding vs. Linux information out there. putting everything in one place might be easier than searching through endless threads and pages.
if you guys have any contributions for this, plz let me know! experiences, difficulties and feedback is very welcome as well.
(this goes out especially to: lemm, Commander Spleen, Keening_Product, MoffD, Nospike, keenmaster486, tulip, gerstrong, K1n9_Duk3, KeenEmpire, Paramultart (are you still alive?))
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

update: the Keen Wiki Tools page provides now a Linux info section
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Excellent! Nice work.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass