Atroxian Realm (Version 1.2 Released)

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I don't think I'm going to have time to get an updated version of the game out today, but I do have the AR soundtrack release ready for Keen Day. There are two downloads. The first contains only the official tracks in both midi and imf. The second has this plus tons of bonus tracks, alternate versions of official tracks, and a few MP3s.

Official Soundtrack (MIDI and IMF)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221 ... dtrack.zip

Official Soundtrack Plus Extras (MIDI, IMF, Bonus tracks, Alternate Versions, MP3s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221 ... Extras.zip

Gamebird, if you are ever able to find more MP3s, I'll update the download here to include them.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

... I currently enjoyed the mp3 versions of that soundtrack. It is a bit weird listing to that well known tunes, but being pushed in a slightly different direction, mood-wise. strange but pulsating.

my head is continuously nodding to the beat of that Atroxbosstest3 file.
I'm looking forward for some more mp3 files, as they open up a new aspect to that Atroxian Realm sphere.
out now (link) : Image
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I'm sticking with that IMF goodness, it's how the music should be played.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Popping in to say congratulations on the final release! I'm only a few levels in and hope to finish sometime this month and respond again with a complete reaction.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Wow, I picked the right year to come snooping...

Really glad to see this done, Gridlock, congrats to you and to the whole team. From what I've seen so far, it's an amazing piece of work. Looking forward to finishing this very, very much.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

As I live and breath! GARGapplesauce himself!

For anyone who's been away for over a year, there's a handy dandy thread to check out:
viewtopic.php?t=3225

Thanks for the soundtrack stuff, Grid!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I had managed to beat the mod yesterday, and I just wanted to say that this is probably one of the best Galaxy mods I had ever played. The graphics are wonderful (although there was a few spots where the background has kinda blended with the foreground, but besides that, it is just beautiful), the designs are really amazing and innovative, the music is spot-on and fits the atmosphere really well, and the level design is really neat (although there was some levels which I kinda felt that they were a bit too long).

I had so far only encountered one big bad bug, and the bug was that when I had completed the level that was before the Catacombs level for the first time, I was hit with a "Out of Memory" error.

Overall, I would give this mod a score of 9.5/10. Keep up the great work, Gridlock! ;)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
The_CrY
Grunt

Post by The_CrY »

I had started playing this mod after Mirror Menace kept freezing on me. I absolutely LOVE the complex level designs. This is, hands down, one of the most beautiful and ambitious mods for Keen I have played. It took me a while to figure out how to beat some of the enemies.

Unfortunately... this game freezes on me as well. Everytime in Atroxus Mines, just after I kill the generator, the game crashes. As I cannot see another mention of this, I figure it's something with my system. Can anyone help? I would love Keen mods to stop freezing on me. I use dropbox 0.72 and Win7 64-bit, if that helps.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

The current version of DOSBox is 0.74, so you might try upgrading to that. If that doesn't help, you can F10+E the level.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

What happened to 0.75?
The_CrY
Grunt

Post by The_CrY »

Fleexy wrote:The current version of DOSBox is 0.74, so you might try upgrading to that. If that doesn't help, you can F10+E the level.
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, in both cases, Dosbox crashes.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

levellass wrote:What happened to 0.75?
Go ask the developers at VOGONS and watch them explode in frustration :p
But seriously, 0.74 is six years old now and there's been plenty of development since then. It's time for an update. Of course, you can get the SVNs if you feel like jumping off the normal development train.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

SVNs? Is that like SJWs?
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Levellass wrote:SVNs? Is that like SJWs?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Subversion

Version control system, (basically the latest dev release)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Unfortunately... this game freezes on me as well. Everytime in Atroxus Mines, just after I kill the generator, the game crashes. As I cannot see another mention of this, I figure it's something with my system. Can anyone help? I would love Keen mods to stop freezing on me. I use dropbox 0.72 and Win7 64-bit, if that helps.
This is unfortunate, but a few other people have also had this issue, so it may not be just your system. You may have already tried this, but perhaps try loading up the game and immediately going to the level and completing it by using either F10-E or by shooting the generator if you have a save close to the end. Often I find that things tend to crash less when you first start up the game. If none of that works, you can always just use the F-10 N cheat to walk around the electrical barriers in the northeast part of the map on the bridge (once you've completed Atroxian Base as well).

Glad you are enjoying the game so far :)
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086