Morticore is finally released!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Some notes:

Not sure about these darkest blocks, they look too much like background here, for a bit I kept trying to jump into them. Especially given the brightness of the other blocks maybe add some light grey to them.

This ground is astounding. I mean wow; it has a Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure vibe to it and is simply ingenious. More like this plz.

This was a devious, devious trick. Neat secret too.

I see what you did there...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Excellent work Quinton. Really high quality mod with that old-school vibe of the early mods. The colour scheme reminds my of one of my old favourite, Norp the Yorp 1, but your mod has a warmer and friendlier atmosphere which I really like. Some of the graphics are stunning, as highlighted above by Levellass. Keep it up!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Old-school Keening as I know and love it! Graphics are very nice, including the cool blocky Keen. Keep up the good work! :)
Quinton wrote:Sorry if this seems to be a little too early, but has anyone yet noticed that star-shaped G, 0, and 2 stands for Grandy02?
Hey, thanks (for that and the preview screen), didn't expect to get characters that big for lower-case letters. ;)
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

I played through this a few days ago, but wanted to play through it again to get to the secret stage and one of the levels that contained an alternate path.

I concur with everything that LL said, so I won't repeat any of that. Some of the background elements are really good, and everything looks cohesive. There's a place in the secret stage where the graphics "transition" (I don't want to spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen it); this in particular looked really cool. Quirky, block-headed Keen is... strangely endearing.

A lot of the stages are pretty easy, but they're still fun. Even the easiest level layouts look good, and I never felt bored while playing. The Garg-type robots are generally positioned such that you can stand safely on a ledge and headshot them while putting yourself in no danger at all, though, which makes them basically non-threatening until the end of the game. The difficulty increases considerably in the last few levels, but not too much; it's a welcome change of pace.

All things considered, this is pretty solid. I intend to check out your older mods when I have the time.
CMDRASM
Grunt

Post by CMDRASM »

This was so well put together, I really enjoyed it. You've got real talent! :dopefish
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Somehow this slipped under my radar. But now that I have played it, I can say I really like this mod, I love the graphics and the level design. Such an old-school feel but really polished. Keep up the good work.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: Morticore is finally released!

Post by Quillax »

Thanks for the comments, everybody! Seeing the feedback kind of makes me feel a bit more motivated to do work on my current mod. :)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!