Morticore is finally released!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Darziw Nogaj
Grunt

Morticore is finally released!

Post by Darziw Nogaj »

Hello, Quinton has released another mod in 2015 Keen Day! :D This time, it's only one mod, but it's brought with a text file that shows how Quinton got into modding and information for his first three mods (in which, they were never released).

Download Commander Keen & the Morticore!

View the Morticore in Quinton Land!

Hope you enjoy it! Thanks to troublesomekeen and Viking Boy Billy for beta testing, and Grandy02 for letting Quinton use the lower case font.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks for posting this! Your game has been added to a Keen Day list!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Finally released! I bet Quinton was waiting a long time for this day. Decided to hold off till Keen Day, eh? :)

There's that quintonessential magnetism in this mod that we felt when playing the ROM trilogy. I like the name, too. Morticore. I've been on an ELP kick recently, trying to learn that song. You know.. Tarkus? Battling with the Manticore? :o
Cheers!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Thanks troublesomekeen! :D I'm glad you seemed to like the mod, did you see anything different with this version as compared to the beta one yet?
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Oh I like it a lot. The Mort battle is just as fun as ever. Perfectly difficultly.
Stars arranged in to shape of numbers on the world map leading to the later levels. I made it to the secret level this time. Thaaaat was very cool.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Nice mod. Most of the time is super easy. Two things to point out: the secret level (very original, never seen such thing) and the boss.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I liked the mod, the art being a mix between it's a small world from Disneyland and Crystal Caves. By the way, after I completed the first level, I was able to walk around the whole map, is that supposed to be?
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Lava89 wrote:I liked the mod, the art being a mix between it's a small world from Disneyland and Crystal Caves. By the way, after I completed the first level, I was able to walk around the whole map, is that supposed to be?
I tried the same thing you did, but I wasn't allowed to walk around the whole map after beating the first level, maybe it's just your computer or something.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

And Heeereee's Quinton! Welcome to the forums
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

wiivn wrote:Nice mod. Most of the time is super easy. Two things to point out: the secret level (very original, never seen such thing) and the boss.
I'm so sorry about the difficultly, but I wanted to make the mods difficultly stand out from those that are too hard. I guess maybe I got a little too hard on it. :dead
MoffD wrote:And Heeereee's Quinton! Welcome to the forums
Thanks for welcoming me. I thought nobody would do that to me. :D
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Lava89 wrote:By the way, after I completed the first level, I was able to walk around the whole map, is that supposed to be?
More strange overworld mobility! I'm guessing you don't use Dosbox, Lava?
Quinton wrote:
MoffD wrote:And Heeereee's Quinton! Welcome to the forums
Thanks for welcoming me. I thought nobody would do that to me. :D
Oh, of course, Quinton. A hero's welcome for you! I was very happy to see you've made an account here.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Sorry if this seems to be a little too early, but has anyone yet noticed that star-shaped G, 0, and 2 stands for Grandy02?
troublesomekeen wrote: Oh, of course, Quinton. A hero's welcome for you! I was very happy to see you've made an account here.
Thank you, beta tester number 2. I have a feeling I won't be that active here, though.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Any news is good news Quint. Welcome! It's nice to see your progression as you continue modding, most excellent.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Lava89 wrote:I liked the mod, the art being a mix between it's a small world from Disneyland and Crystal Caves. By the way, after I completed the first level, I was able to walk around the whole map, is that supposed to be?
That sounds very much like you god-moded your way through the level ;)
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

tulip wrote:
That sounds very much like you god-moded your way through the level ;)
haha, that's what it felt like!

Ok, I found out what I did, I ran Keen1.exe, rather than the batch file.

I guess I'm used to some of the older Wolf3D mods (back when I used to make them myself) where you would run the original EXE, rather than using a patch.

Sorry for the scare, Quinton!