[v2.11.3] Abiathar: The superior Keen Galaxy editor

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: [v2.8.7] Abiathar: The superior Keen Galaxy editor

Post by Quillax »

Ah, okay! Didn't know those features existed already until now. Good to know that the features exist. :D
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Uh, Fleexy, you wouldn't mind if you could please tell how to import NetKeen levels with Abiathar? I tried doing that by using level and graphic files in the NetKeen Modding and Leveling Package, and this is what the results looked like (I'm viewing the Border Town map):

Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

out now (link) : Image
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Nisaba wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 19:45 @Quinton, check this: https://youtu.be/xi6uctLIWgg?t=11m21s
I checked out that video, inserted NK between the <ActiveProfiles> area, but I still get the screen in my previous post. :confused
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Sorry for the confusion; that guide is pretty old. As of v2.0, you can simply use the NetKeen profile found in the New Project Wizard. Then, instead of using the stuff from the Modding and Leveling Package, just open the CKV files from the normal download's "game" folder. Make sure you handle tileinfo as part of the map header. This approach works for me on the data from the wiki's NK:V download link. The first level (world map) is garbage; that's normal. I would upload an image of it working, but Imgur seems to be experiencing interruptions.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Fleexy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 21:07 but Imgur seems to be experiencing interruptions.
A service that a LOT of websites use has gone down and has no ETA on when it'll be back yet. Imgur is also using that service.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Well, I managed to figure out a way to properly import NetKeen levels. Thanks, Fleexy! :D Though, when checking out the level list, I found another problem. The list can't go beyond level 36, which means that there is no way get to level 37 and onward without creating a new level in their place (unless I missed something).
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

NetKeen might have an upper limit less than the normal 99; I don't remember for sure. You can add a new level to the level set with Level | Add, or duplicate an existing one with Level | Copy. If NetKeen doesn't see a level beyond a certain ID, you'll need to overwrite a lower-numbered one. You can renumber a level in the Level | Properties window.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Last time I checked, you can't select levels beyond 59 (Vorticons has only 43 levels, with an extra one made by me, which appears to freeze shortly after I start it). I could try your suggestions.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Bug Report:
Abiathar constantly crashes when trying to generate patches for a KDreams mod. the aerrl file states that it couldn't find KDRPATCH.EXE.
side-note: the machine I'm running Abiathar in has no internet connection.
out now (link) : Image
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Oops, this bug affects patch generation for all games. You can work around it by placing a file - any file, even an empty one - called KDRPATCH.EXE (or the appropriate patching program) in the project folder. In fact, you can get the right one out of the File Emitter. This should be pretty easy to fix; I'll get on that.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Nisaba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 19:21 Bug Report:
Abiathar constantly crashes when trying to generate patches for a KDreams mod. the aerrl file states that it couldn't find KDRPATCH.EXE.
side-note: the machine I'm running Abiathar in has no internet connection.
This should be fixed now. Thanks again!

UPDATE
v2.8.8: fixed patch generator and performance improvements

The patch generator now correctly determines whether it needs to add or replace a patching executable.

Performance should be even better now - the ancient event bus system (literally untouched since v1.0) has finally been rewritten. It now only searches for event handlers once, after extensions are loaded. Existing extensions should see no change. Additionally, some unnecessary value type boxing-unboxings have been removed.

Get the update through the automatic updater, or download ZIP.

Fleexy
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Re: [v2.8.8] Abiathar: The superior Keen Galaxy editor

Post by Bubzrulz »

so how long has ms paint been in the file emitter? i just noticed it been looking for it for a while everytime i found one before it never worked right but i'm a happy man now let more modding begin
Bubzrulz
Vortininja

Post by Bubzrulz »

ok for the life of me i cant get doors to work at all in k6 work it out by copying another level but what background tiles should be used instead of copying the background tiles from every door
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

The background tiles don't have any effect; that plane is only cosmetic. There are invisible foreground tiles that provide the "door" behavior. In Keen 6, you need tile 0401h (1025 in decimal). You can check whether you have the right one by enabling the Tile Properties overlay and showing the Door special property in the "tileinfo overlay settings" window: a D will appear over door tiles.