Benvolio's Fun-Pack 2011

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

Hmm...Is he supposed to fall underground immediately in the first level of Halloween Horrors? 'Cause I can't make my way up from there, no matter how much I jump, he won't get up into the tunenl at the end of the level which I assume should be the way up from underground...?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

If the first level is the one I'm thinking of, no, he shouldn't.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

It's the tiny group of houses right under the spaceship. It doesn't give any location name when I enter it, and when it opens Keen immediately falls underground - I can't do anything about it. There are three ghosts and a giant mouse there pushing me around, and at the end of the level there's a small platform of grass that leads to a tunnel that would take me up to the ground level but I can only stand on the grass's left edge and as said I can't get to the tunnel.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

This sounds basically like the same problem you had with Keen Drems Plus; you need to run the Halloween.bat file, not the original .exe file. Running the original .exe doesn't load the new tile properties, thus falling through the ground.

Also, is this thread even related to Halloween Horrors? If you need general help with a mod or getting mods started, please post here. If you want to discuss a mod or provide the author with feedback, the topics in the release forum here are the place for it. If you don't see a thread for the mod or project, the Unofficial Keen Games is the best place to bring it up.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

I believe this thread is the only one related to a Benvolio release on the pckf. Halloween Horrors of course has a topic on K:M. But one might be forgiven in thinking that a quicker response can be had on pckf than on K:M.

You're welcome to make a "Benvolio's mods appreciation thread" under Unofficial Keen Games. :P. In fact one day I might make a sockpuppet and do the job myself. :mortlol lol jk :dead2

And as for your question, well I don't have time to take a look right now. Although I'm sure the beta testing of that mod was less than immaculate, I nevertheless doubt we left a massive hole in such a prominent area of the mod. Gotta make a good first impression - you can let the player down later down the line! :mort
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Yes, this does sound like a bat file problem.

On some systems the bat file won't run, to fix this edit it and delete the two lines that say 'color 0c'
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Benvolio's Fun-Pack 2011

Post by Nisaba »

keenmaster486 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:34 I love how we nonchalantly resurrect years-old threads here.
Benvolio wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 17:28 Yeah our forum is not so busy that bumping is intrusive lol.
[...]
is there a chance for in updated version of this graphical exploding mod called The Psychedelic Mod?
It has such unexpected and unprecedented visual styles for the modding world, I'd love to see more of it.
out now (link) : Image