Vinny's timeline

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Re: Vinny's timeline

Post by Grimson »

Keening_Product wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 16:35
Grimson wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 13:47 Heh, this reminds me of how as a kid, I desperately avoided killing any Vorticons, after finding out from one of the elders in the stasis fields that they're being mind-controlled. Needless to say, it made some levels very difficult, but I had a very strict conscience :o

Since then I've degraded into a heartless psychopath who just blasts through all enemies without remorse :mortlol
Well hey, your no-save Pyramid of the Forbidden speed run shows the positive effect all that hazard-avoidance had on your platforming haha
O man that run! I wish I still had the video, sadly I deleted the YouTube account holding the video long ago and now I badly regret it :(
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

Grimson wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 13:47 Heh, this reminds me of how as a kid, I desperately avoided killing any Vorticons, after finding out from one of the elders in the stasis fields that they're being mind-controlled. Needless to say, it made some levels very difficult, but I had a very strict conscience :o

Since then I've degraded into a heartless psychopath who just blasts through all enemies without remorse :mortlol

Well did any of the Vorticons you killed just so happened to be Vinny's dad? :P
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

ComissionerDeWitt wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 15:46
Levellass wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 14:53 If you have killed a Vorticon you get the 'default'

Code: Select all

%patch $1C482 "'I and the other Vorticons you haven't" $0A 
              "slaughtered want to award you the     " $0A  $00
If however you have not you get

%patch $1C695 "All without a single innocent harmed," $0A
"we joyously award you the" $0A $00

Ooooo, nice! :) Does that one guy still give Keen the Holy Horns? :p

I'm also curious as to what that much darker ending may be.....

He does, but it's actually quite easy to have the finale image change too, to something like FINALF.CK3, allowing a different ending image, perhaps of the ceremony taking place by a cemetery, with freshly dug graves for Keen's victims...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

He does, but it's actually quite easy to have the finale image change too, to something like FINALF.CK3, allowing a different ending image, perhaps of the ceremony taking place by a cemetery, with freshly dug graves for Keen's victims...
[/quote]

And one of those graves could be....VANCE'S?
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054