My nightmare....

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

My nightmare....

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

I had this really weird Keen-based nightmare.....

I was in NetKeen, and was playing a match against Keen, Princess Lindsey, and Lt. Barker. Sometime into the match, Keen through a Boobus Bomb at Barker. But instead of the cartoony explosion and Barker just taking damage, Barker literally (and I kid you not) EXPLODED into a pile of blood and guts.....Then everything turned grayscale and then a few seconds later I saw a scary looking Barker with empty eye sockets and jaw agape hanging from a noose.....

I don't really remember anything after that :dead

This is quite possibly THE weirdest dream I have ever had in my life. I have no idea what I watched or read that even caused me to have a dream like this o-o
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Re: My nightmare....

Post by nanomekia »

Well clearly you gotta stop eating those vegetables before bed - that's what does it! :P
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

nanomekia wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:44 Well clearly you gotta stop eating those vegetables before bed - that's what does it! :P
But I don't eat vegetables....
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I have a dream a few nights ago that I went to Commander Spleen's Commodore Computer Exhibit. Kinda weird, but not a nightmare.

Seems to me a very interesting mix between NetKeen and Monster Bash. :bloody
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

troublesomekeen wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:06 I have a dream a few nights ago that I went to Commander Spleen's Commodore Computer Exhibit. Kinda weird, but not a nightmare.

Seems to me a very interesting mix between NetKeen and Monster Bash. :bloody
Interesting :p

Really? How so? :confused
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I've had a dream with Lindsey tooo...
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Roobar wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 15:28 I've had a dream with Lindsey tooo...
Do I even want to know? :p
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I recall, about a year ago having a strange PCKF dream, oddly enough it involved Lindsey.

I was browsing the PCKF as you do, not doing anything in particular (Aaah dream ambiguousness.) I remember just being in one thread, an old and long one I was going through for some reason, going back years, like the 'derail this thread' topic. Now one of the users had a big, annoying signature picture that stretched the screen so it had a horizontal scrollbar on it. And all it was was whitespace with Lindsey's head in the bottom corner.

I figured, 'real lazy and annoying there', but as I kept browsing the topic I noticed something odd about it, on each page, somehow, Lindsey's head was getting bigger. It was just happening so slowly that I hadn't realized it. After that I just kept track as I went along, and I noticed it was sort of animated, each signature picture was a frame of her walking slowly closer.

So now I was pressing the spacebar, skipping down the page, and I could more clearly see the animation. And it was her, stepping closer, with that same fixed smile on her face, and it was like she was staring at me and I got really unnerved. Eventually it was really close up, just her two eyes staring through the 'box' of the signature. THEN there was a like 'next page' button and I clicked that.

And on the next page the signature picture was just plain empty white, and that's when I woke up.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Levellass wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:37 I recall, about a year ago having a strange PCKF dream, oddly enough it involved Lindsey.

I was browsing the PCKF as you do, not doing anything in particular (Aaah dream ambiguousness.) I remember just being in one thread, an old and long one I was going through for some reason, going back years, like the 'derail this thread' topic. Now one of the users had a big, annoying signature picture that stretched the screen so it had a horizontal scrollbar on it. And all it was was whitespace with Lindsey's head in the bottom corner.

I figured, 'real lazy and annoying there', but as I kept browsing the topic I noticed something odd about it, on each page, somehow, Lindsey's head was getting bigger. It was just happening so slowly that I hadn't realized it. After that I just kept track as I went along, and I noticed it was sort of animated, each signature picture was a frame of her walking slowly closer.

So now I was pressing the spacebar, skipping down the page, and I could more clearly see the animation. And it was her, stepping closer, with that same fixed smile on her face, and it was like she was staring at me and I got really unnerved. Eventually it was really close up, just her two eyes staring through the 'box' of the signature. THEN there was a like 'next page' button and I clicked that.

And on the next page the signature picture was just plain empty white, and that's when I woke up.

Woah......Freaky stuff o-o