Dosbox not working properly

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Dosbox not working properly

Post by Syllypryde »

I am having issues with Dosbox 0.74. I checked to make sure I do have the latest version and even reinstalled it once. It will not load up in full screen mode. Windows keeps shutting down the Windows Aero color scheme and says it has to change to Windows 7 basic color scheme bacause Dosbox is incompatible. Yet even then Dosbox will not run in full screen.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Dosbox not working properly

Post by Roobar »

This looks more like a windows issue and not a dosbox one. Check your windows security settings or if there are any programs that prevents it from running in full screen mode.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

You can use Alt+Enter to make Dosbox enter full-screen mode. although this will disable Aero, till you close down Dosbox.

If you have it installed you should have a config-file where you can set your preferred default launch settings for Dosbox
what resolution to Render at, and if you want to always start in full-screen, and a bunch of other things
You Also can make a .Bat that launch Dosbox and a Config file finally the file/game you want to launch.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Yes, as I said it does disable Aero but even then Dosbox will still not run in full screen once I hit alt+enter. It is most likely a security issue as stated.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees