Upcoming Interview with Javier M. Chavez

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Upcoming Interview with Javier M. Chavez

Post by Flaose »

A couple of weeks ago Javier M. Chavez (the guy behind the recent Keen Dreams port) reached out to me asking if we could set up a live interview/stream on my Twitch channel, to which I agreed.

As such, this Saturday, at 3pm GMT (10am EST / 16:00 CET / Sunday 2am AEDT for you Oceanic types), Javier will be joining me on my channel as I play the Keen Dreams port, we discuss its creation, and I ask any questions that come up in chat or that you guys might have here.

That's the plan, anyway.

I hope to see some of you guys there! It's actually my first interview ever, so it may just be a beautiful disaster (and to be honest, there's a chance the interview will fall through), but I hope to see you there! You won't need a Twitch account to watch, but you will to participate in chat.

See you then!
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Any forum members alone (such as Ceilick, Levellas, mink, Gridlock and many others) have made a ton more work than this guy, who only added some achievements and main menu changes. Why don't you interview these guys instead?
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

I want to know the guy who originally owned the keen dream rights, or, as Tom Hall says, "some dude in Louisiana".
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

wiivn wrote:Any forum members alone (such as Ceilick, Levellas, mink, Gridlock and many others) have made a ton more work than this guy, who only added some achievements and main menu changes. Why don't you interview these guys instead?
I'm interviewing Chavez because he asked if I would be willing to do so. The amazing achievements of others really has no bearing on the issue.
ScarletFlame wrote:I want to know the guy who originally owned the keen dream rights, or, as Tom Hall says, "some dude in Louisiana".
Now that would make for an interesting interview. As far as I know, Al Vekovius (the dude in Louisiana) has been out of the software game for a long time now.
Eat at Joe's
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

http://www.allyallblog.com/2015/10/06/b ... -changers/

I found a presentation given by his son only a few months ago.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

POST EDIT: Damn, afraid it's ending very soon. Still leaving this message, though.

Sorry for not reminding earlier, but it's still done right now (i.e., as of typing this)! http://www.twitch.tv/flaose
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Kinda wanted to be there, but no way in aspermontis I'm gonna wake up that early. :p
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Yeah, it's also been a bit of a timing thing for me.

The interview has been recorded and is currently available here: http://www.twitch.tv/flaose/v/44547116
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Oh noes, I was on a trip and missed it! :C
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Thanks for being there, NY00123, and anyone else who may have popped in or watched the VOD! It was the first time either of us has participated in a live interview, so we were both a little nervous, I think :).

The video link NY00123 posted will unfortunately expire in about a week (it's how Twitch saves on server space, I suppose) but the interview should be permanently available at http://www.twitch.tv/flaose/v/48241053. I will also try and upload a version of the interview with better quality video to YouTube in the coming weeks.
Eat at Joe's