Why does Keen really do what he does?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

First of all, that sounds straight from a creepypasta.

Second, what if Billy ended up killing Mortimer? That would interesting. He's a kid, and would have a black and white view on justice (you're either good or evil), and would see Mortimer as nothing but a bad guy. And it would turn out Billy wanted to be a hero for the sake of being one...and then Billy turns evil or something.

Finally, I'm not surprised if this is hinting towards a mod you're making. The edginess of The Ruin of Roib cut straight into my childhood.

We need an evil Keen
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

Finally, I'm not surprised if this is hinting towards a mod you're making.
Oh no no, I just have nothing to do on these boards so I just make up crap :p

So after he hung up, it was late so I went to bed. Then at 4am I get a call. Its Tom Hall. Hes been up all night, smoking cigarettes. I can tell he wants to get some information off of his soul. Hes tired of living a lie.

"I'm tired of living a lie" he says.
"The world has to know. I don't care anymore"

And then he proceeds to tell me the shocking truth the world has to know.... the very secret deep dark etc.etc. shocking truth.....

and it is.........
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

THE SHOCKING TRUTH IS.......
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

No more killing, Billy's brother was enough.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

THE TRUTH IS.......... :O ............
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

SPIT IT OUT ALREADY
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

ScarletFlame wrote:Second, what if Billy ended up killing Mortimer?
I always felt like this was the original intent of the first trilogy. Keen kills everybody else with his gun, and he kills Mortimer in the end too. Then once they started working out the second trilogy, they decided to retcon in the whole "android double" thing, possibly just to bring Mortimer back as the villain but also likely to remove a bit of the darkness of the series (the same reason why Keen starts using a neural stunner instead of straight-up murderin' homes).

Or I could be wrong and they meticulously planned everything from the start.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Based on the general quality of Keen3, I doubt any of it was meticulously planned from the start. I think the general 'removing darkness' plan is the correct one, especially once the ID guys realised that Keen Vorticons had done well and there was hope of subsequent stuff doing even better with the kids market.

Now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUZwriSX4M
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

For as long as he can remember Billy Blaze has been alone. People were just so... complex.

The most complicated mathematics was nothing to him. His IQ test results looked like nonsense, he broke every one. He could build a nuclear reactor out of old cereal boxes and sand. It was like the ideas weren't even his, as if they came from somewhere else and he just picked them up. At first he'd naively tried to show others what he could do, but they always reacted with shock, or more commonly disbelief. Eventually he gave up, what was the point? He had only three goals now, to have fun, to explore and to help those who, like him, had nobody to call on.

And so he went out into the universe to befriend and defend.

For as long as he can remember Mortimer McMire has been alone. People were just so... simple.

The most complicated mathematics was nothing to him. His IQ test results looked like nonsense, he broke every one. He could build a tank out of a tin can and old newspapers. It was like the ideas weren't even his, as if they came from somewhere else and he just picked them up. At first he'd naively tried to show others what he could do, but they always reacted with disbelief , or more commonly shock. Eventually he gave up, what was the point of anything? He had only three goals now, to have fun, to explore and to correct the all to obvious flaws in all those around him, by force if necessary.

And so he went out into the universe to control and conquer.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

I love this oh my god
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh dear, heartbreakingly true

he is...
I mean this is...

so janus-faced
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

Do you write somewhere? Like, somewhere other than random PCKF threads? If not... can you? Please?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

On fanfiction.net, the quality of your writing is inversely proportional to how much you write. It is best if lass never posts there to degrade her quality.
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

Who said anything about fanfiction.net?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The entire internet is fanfiction,net.