Keen crossover AKA What should I do?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

What should I do?

Make new levels with new names.
80%
Leave all the levels and just edit them.
20%

Total votes: 5

szemi
Vorticon Elite

Keen crossover AKA What should I do?

Post by szemi »

If I ever make a Keen X (another DOS game) crossover mod as a Keen 5 mod for example, what do you suggest? Should I make new levels with new names or leave them all and just edit them?
Yeah, piece of cake!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I think it could be interesting to leave one or two levels resembling the originals as an easter egg or an homage, but other than that it'd probably be a good idea to make new levels to keep the gameplay fresh.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I can't think of anyone who would prefer to play the same old levels with modified graphics instead of new levels.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

KeenRush wrote:I can't think of anyone who would prefer to play the same old levels with modified graphics instead of new levels.
*Raises hand into the air*

Also if the Tile set is not overly altered and the tile's shape is pretty much the original, just with new a theme and paint.
Then any level-pack made for Original Keen 5 should then work for the mod.

Multi-part mods with options are my thing.
but sadly the Keen games are not that Modular..
A: Main content - Graphics and in-game Text. patch-Code
B: Music & Sounds
C: Levels.
D: scrolling Intro text.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.