Fleex plays Keen: Foray in the Forest

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Oh, the failure: Episode 2 of the Episode Smile LP is uploading and will probably be done by the time anyone sees this.
Ceilick wrote:Informative and worth watching. I kind of want to record myself using Abiathar, for anyone's benefit in seeing how it's done, but you certainly deserve to see your program in use by others. We'll see :)
By all means go ahead if you wish, the more tutorials the better. I recommend Open Broadcaster Software for recording Abiathar, it works well with my use of the GDI+. My series will probably stick to the "X does Y, V changed in version W, Z is important, let's move on", so I suppose it'd be good to see somebody actually using the program.

Side note: when you update the Keen Galaxy Modding Package to include Abiathar, you might want to just put in the updater and a readme; I plan to update Abiathar with moderate frequency.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

@ 12:10 "Don't hit the spikes" That's what I love about Keen and in particular mods such as smile. There is absolutely zero chance of you hitting the spikes if you just jump up to the exit. But so much is at stake after what you've gone through to get there that the player naturally overthinks the jump! Great let's play, Fleexy.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

And another Abiathar video! In Episode 3, I cover v1.3's new features and the change v1.3.1 made to the Tile Instance Locator. I also discover a bug which has been fixed now in v1.3.2.

I recorded more Smile, but the commentary wasn't particularly good and I had mangled the audio settings, so I won't be uploading that (it'll be re-recorded at some point in the future). Also, I've been hired by my government to do some software development work, so yeah, priorities. Expect a slowdown in Abiathar development and video output. :|
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Fleexy wrote:Also, I've been hired by my government to do some software development work, so yeah, priorities. Expect a slowdown in Abiathar development and video output. :|
I thought you were 15 or something?
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

So you choose your government over my mod? :(

:crazy Congrats! Sounds cool.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Traitorus wretch.

Is there any feature to output a level as an image? Might help with wiki-ing up stuff.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Alright, long weekend means time for video recording! Just today I recorded three amazing Smile videos, the first of which I release today:

Episode 3: Alternating Arrows of Death
Levellass wrote:Traitorus wretch.
Tax collection stuff, making sure the government gets its money! :P
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Hey everybody! While I was testing Abiathar on Bio Menace, I figured it would be fun to play. As I had never played it in earnest, it seemed like a great opportunity for a first-impressions LP! So, here we go:

Episode 1: Blam Blam
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

That was the most honest-to-goodness first-impressions LP I ever done seen.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Haha, thanks! As I have done for previous series, I will continue to place links of new episodes in the original post and only do a post at the end if there have been posts in between. I actually uploaded this episode quite early yesterday, but YouTube got stuck processing it for hours. :(

Anyway, enjoy Episode 2 and subscribe to make sure you never miss a video!

EDIT: We have episode 3 up as well! Episode 3: Crushed
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Wow, that WAS first impression. I'm not even sure you've played Keen now!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Abiathar is really some kick-ass stuff. Thanks to your video-tutorials I'm motivated doing some modding things again. This beautiful tool of yours helps a lot. and by the way: it's so much fun, too.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Re: Fleex plays Keen: Foray in the Forest

Post by Fleexy »

...eight...

...years...

...later...

I'm very excited to revive this series by playing Foray in the Forest! The new playlist currently contains just one video - I wanted to at least record one today to celebrate the release. The hope is to release one episode every two days; we shall see how this plan interacts with Real Life.

Congratulations to Nisaba & the team on the big release! :christmas