Fan-art thread

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

I would imagine Mortimer would actually encourage hate speech (of course, not directed at him). It can be easy to manipulate people into hating and getting angry at things (like Earth and Keen), and anger can be used as a weapon and a distraction to avoid people from finding out some information about his true intentions. He did this with Keen 3, with the whole "Keen Must Die" thing. Mortimer probably also hates Foobs too because they're stupid.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Maybe, there are lots of ways of controlling people. You WILL go the way of hate speech, but what kind? Look at Trump, not him but those opposing his supporters. They're everything from nazis to fascists to rednecks. There's a remarkable amount of hatred and vitriol directed at him, but it's ok since it's *our kind* of hatred and vitriol. (And of course it's hatred *against* hatred, and we all know how two wrongs make a right.)

What better excuse to control an entire planet then equality and peace? What more orwellian then to force mindbelts to oppose thoughtcrime? Did Mortimer sweep to power against the 'dangerously speciesistic' Vrump?

King_Gargs_Revenge wrote:I think I'll quit my job and just do whatever this Vorticon does for a living from now on.
He's a candy wrangler. It's a lonesome and dangerous job, braving the high winds and strange clouds of the planet (Sometimes thick enough to stand on!) An average day is from sunup to sundown, clearing the skies of dangerous objects that may impede the flow of hovercar traffic, taking them and trading them for minimal returns at one of the many candy processing plants on the surface, where they're recycled into biofuels.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
King_Gargs_Revenge
Grunt

Post by King_Gargs_Revenge »

Levellass wrote: What better excuse to control an entire planet then equality and peace? What more orwellian then to force mindbelts to oppose thoughtcrime?
I think that's definitely how MM operates -- by relying primarily on covert means for expanding his sphere of influence...
Levellass wrote: He's a candy wrangler. It's a lonesome and dangerous job, braving the high winds and strange clouds of the planet (Sometimes thick enough to stand on!) An average day is from sunup to sundown, clearing the skies of dangerous objects that may impede the flow of hovercar traffic, taking them and trading them for minimal returns at one of the many candy processing plants on the surface, where they're recycled into biofuels.
I wonder what other exciting career paths await on Vorticon VI?

Hydro Hypothesizer, whose job it is to find a cure for drowning by devising new, less fatal ways for Vorticons to breathe water and not air, maybe? Or perhaps Experimental Underwater Respiratory Apparatus Test Subject, always a popular field (despite the exceptionally high turnover) which has helped produce such images as this one:

Or you could just be a Meep.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Only pckf members will read this? Well... dangit!
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Don't worry, even most PCKF members won't read it!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Levellass wrote:Don't worry, even most PCKF members won't read it!
TL;DR lol
King_Gargs_Revenge
Grunt

Hah, I knew one of you guys would figure it out. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it (or not.)

Here's some more stuff for you not to read (if the last one was tl;dr, well... then these next two really might be.)

This first one started out as a joke, and in the end I feel that's still what it's supposed to be, but admittedly when I found out about the light bearer part the whole thing suddenly became a bit more real, and disturbing, than I ever intended...

And preemptive apologies for the size of the text in the second image. I tried to use an official font based on the Keen games but it turned out pretty small. The size in general is probably too big (and I'm not entirely sure how to go about rectifying that for a 2nd draft). I make these all in MS Paint and I'm still new at actually using the program, and doing this much image editing.

And, yes, there were multiple references to DBZ in there. FWIW.
Edit: re-uploaded image to fix a typo ("imperative" was misspelt).
Last edited by King_Gargs_Revenge on Wed Apr 06, 2016 0:23, edited 1 time in total.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

How it ended:

ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

PCKF: Quality content
o yea incase you don't get it
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

This thread is amazing, props to all the top quality artwork 8)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
King_Gargs_Revenge
Grunt

Based on a Mark Twain quote:

Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

^

Post by Commander Spleen »

^
King_Gargs_Revenge
Grunt

So I was wondering what lessons other than "Kill Keen" and English the Vorticon Youths learn in school. Here's what I came up with.

Notice the relationship between the last 3 jobs. If the "VI" in "Vorticon VI" suggests there are (or were) five other Vorticon planets, then perhaps that's why.

Those problematic Vorticon Youths...

ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Vorticon Internet Defense Force?
Would they just be repeating that they didn't do anything wrong because they were brainwashed?
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Psh, everyone knows the Pogo Shrine was built by the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo. It's what they were ~actually~ singing about in Forbidden Zone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoZHBmAhVH0

Edit: my post count is a conspiracy too.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass