Keen History

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
tulip
Flower Pot

Keen History

Post by tulip »

Well I did a little research for the mod list on KeenWiki and browsed the old ezboard through the Wayback machine.

Just thought I'd post the messages of the first mods released for you guys, whether you are remembering it or just interested in the past
XkyRauh posted 2002-06-30 wrote:Xky's Keen 1 Mod is Released~!!

Alright folks, the wait is over--it's playtested, it's double-checked, it's been run through Xky's self-criticism machine uncountable times, and the end result, i think you're going to enjoy.

pick it up whenever you get a chance, right here:

http://www.angelfire.com/ct/XkyGuide/keen/XkyKeen1.zip

it's hosted by AngelFire, which means that merely clicking on that link might give you an error or File-not-found type deal. if that happens, just cut copy + paste the address into your browser's destination bar, and then put a space at the end of it. that should do it for you.

if you are still having trouble downloading, post here and i'll email it to you with my shoddy little 56k ;-)

thanks for your patience, everybody--be sure to tell me what you think!

--Xky
and another one:
Xtraverse posted 2002-08-31 wrote:Norp the Yorp in Inside Mortimer's Computer - COMPLETE Yes, my keen1 mod is complete, online at:

www20.brinkster.com/xtraverse/norp.zip

BTW, when you play the game, BE SURE TO RUN Norp.bat, NOT Keen1.exe.

xtraverse
and the spectacular announcement of Ceilicks first mod:
Ceilick posted 2002-09-24 wrote:Re: keen mod
Im calling my mod done if its ok with xkyraugh to use stuff from his game. I cant figure out how to edit the credits, the stuff the yorp statue's say, or the finnle text thing. I also dont know how to make a new world map and i only made 8 levels(old levels are still there also). The second episode of this game triligy will be better.
This is only a document of history, so don't expect any link to work.

I'll post more if I find something interesting.
Image You crack me up little buddy!